Ugh I feel like an idiot ! And a question for you experienced hatchers

I can understand that people that hatch in areas of high ambient humidity can use dry hatch just fie What I don't understand is if they live in those places where humidity is 70 -90%, how can they recommend dry hatch to someone that lives in an area of 20%
tongue.gif

I lived in 3 different locations, Calif, Nevada & now Oregon. I have never changed how I hatch. I can't change the vent holes, they are pre drilled holes, I haven't had to adjust temperature settings, but the amount of water I use changes at each location. Tons in Nevada, little in Calif. & even less in Oregon. I've ALWAYS used 50-55% during incubation & 70-80% during hatch. It is simply adjusting the humidity to where I want it, BTW, I use the settings that the incubator manufacturer says.

I guess we just all think that it works for me so it must work for everyone else ? I'll be giving the higher humidity during and the 70-80 at lock down like you've been doing a try this time . The manufactures instruction didn't do me much good the one trough was what got me to the 45% last year though .I'll just keep trying something new till I get it right I'm bound to get it right at some point ( I hope lol) :)

Thanks for the site .I actually jabbed a few more holes in my old a while back haven't done it to the new one yet :) . Thanks for the luck I'm sure I'll need it :) I've still got 16 days left before I'll find out if all my changes this time are going to give me some success
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom