Ugliest rooster I've ever seen - what is he?

GSBCockSwitz.jpg

ETA - this is a rooster pic - the tails match, too.

Ok, I have to agree on the sebright somewhere in the mix - this definately is his stance much of the time when he is "interested/posturing/about to crow/etc./...".

Has the same body shape, face, comb, etc...

not sure what else he is mixed with, but at least I have a clue as to part of him, LOL.

Peace -
Meriah

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I'm no help... Can't take him either...

I already broke rule #1 hubby gave me... NO ROOSTER...

Thus far I have one, and giving it a girl's name didn't help the situation with hubby either! LOL

The first thing I noticed when I looked at the pic was the bird's body posture and hen-feathered tail. I totally thought there was some Sebright in there, so I'm seconding that as part of whatever he is.

Quote:
I was thinking old english in there, too - oegb are VERY popular around here - almost everyone has at least one or two running around. (I have about, umm... 18 or 20 - LOL)

ETA - I do have a red pyle sport oegb with slate legs - maybe the slate legs still came from the oegb?

Peace -
Meriah

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Not sure what the eta means, but slate legs are not in the breeds standerd as far as ive looked, but he must be interesting to see. mine have pink legs.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/prettypinkpoultry/Chickens/101_3075.jpg

ETA = edited to add
smile.png

Yeah, I am not sure where the slate legs came from, but he has slate legs. That is why he is a "sport", and not simply a "red pyle".

Peace -
Meri

Back
Top Bottom