Ugliest rooster I've ever seen - what is he?

Quote:
Not sure what the eta means, but slate legs are not in the breeds standerd as far as ive looked, but he must be interesting to see. mine have pink legs.
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/prettypinkpoultry/Chickens/101_3075.jpg

Yeah mine have white legs...
15806_pict00021.jpg

Quote:
Wow your pyle has colors comparable to mine! he must be hatchery qaulity!

Believe it or not, I think he is mixed. I had mama, and 15 chicks (have since lost mama and 5 pullets) that I bought at an auction. He is the prettiest one out of them. There is one that is pure white!! And both the pullets look like mama, who was kind of an off-white color, though I think she was red pyle as well. I have seen hens with the buff or reddish feathers around their necks, and I have seen some that were just that creamy, off-white color. The only thing about the girls, is that they have some black spots on them. Not many, but enough to tell. Here is another pic of 'the boys'. Not all, of course, it would have to be a big pic!! There is at least one of the girls, and my dad's araucana, and a game pullet as well in there.
15806_pict0012.jpg

And sorry Meri, I'll stop showing off on your post now!!
smile.png

P.S.- what a nasty room!!(I do mean mine btw!)
It actually looks like most of them are in this pic, save one girl, and the pretty boy. You can see the white one next to the 'green' water bucket...
sickbyc.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Wow your pyle has colors comparable to mine! he must be hatchery qaulity!

Believe it or not, I think he is mixed. I had mama, and 15 chicks (have since lost mama and 5 pullets) that I bought at an auction. He is the prettiest one out of them. There is one that is pure white!! And both the pullets look like mama, who was kind of an off-white color, though I think she was red pyle as well. I have seen hens with the buff or reddish feathers around their necks, and I have seen some that were just that creamy, off-white color. The only thing about the girls, is that they have some black spots on them. Not many, but enough to tell. Here is another pic of 'the boys'. Not all, of course, it would have to be a big pic!! There is at least one of the girls, and my dad's araucana, and a game pullet as well in there.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/15806_pict0012.jpg
And sorry Meri, I'll stop showing off on your post now!!
smile.png

P.S.- what a nasty room!!
It actually looks like most of them are in this pic, save one girl, and the pretty boy. You can see the white one next to the 'green' water bucket...
sickbyc.gif

Naw, it's ok with me
big_smile.png

We're already here, we may as well keep talking - even if it aint about that ugly rooster, LOL. I'm not a stickler for post titles and original subjects.

Peace -
Meri

Meri, how old is your little OEGB roo? I was just wondering cuz I noticed he doesn't have his tail yet. Mine are about 4-5 months old (I think).

Quote:
I'm not sure, he doesn't crow a lot, his tail is still coming in. He looks older (size) than he is, I think. The other two I got from a different guy have their tails. They crow - a lot, LOL.

It is hard to tell, maybe his tail got pulled out partly - he is the one they butchered his wing when they clipped it, so maybe they let some kid do it and he rough handled the poor guy and his long tail feathers came out, too. Can they lose them from stress? he was pretty stressed when I first saw him.

The guy also had a box FULL of roos - maybe he had this one in there at some point, and they fought and pulled them out? I really have no idea - that's the problem when you buy at the auction. The prices are right, though.

I think he is just young, though, he is not nearly as outgoing as the other two who have tails.

Peace -
Meri

I think the original roo is a Modern game X Sebright mix

This would explain his coloring and his feathering and he doesnt nessacarily have to have long legs. He isnt that short legged either.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom