UK Member Please Say HI

Pics
Welcome to Eggtastical and chicapee across the pond in Mississippi, and boudiccasmummy.

@Eggtastical I got initially got quite a few of my chucks from Melton Mowbray auction. My partner's friend was an auctioneer there and would ring up and say there is "this" or "that" at the auction that hadn't sold and I could have it for a fiver and he would bring it back for me. My first broody was such a hen and I absolutely love her even if she doesn't lay blue eggs like an Araucana should! Good luck getting a bargain next time you are there. What breeds do you have/want? You are right 9/25 is not a good ratio. Will you still keep/retire your older birds. It's strange but I couldn't bear to cull any of my girls but the lads are almost all for the chop.

Regards to all

Barbara
Hi Barbara :) I think I will keep a few but not all of them, I dont like the idea of culling my flock but with money being tight they are no longer paying for themselves so think i may have to. Plus doing so will allow me to refresh their pen over winter and extend, ready for the new girls in spring in new coops. I have been tending to buy POL Warrens but found they can be really nasty to each other but my 3 Bluebelles get on well with each other and the warrens so may try all Bluebelle. I have managed to book time off work for 19th May to go to Market so see what happens, never been melton before and never been to an auction so it will be an experience for anything but the only thing is, if my ebay habbit is anything to go by i will have to restrain myself from buying everything :p

Welcome everyone else new also :)

Eggtastical

just joined up from the South Coast (New Forest) where we have 2 warrens, 9 light sussex & duck eggs in the post!

Hi :welcome toddie75m

Glad you could join us!! Sounds like you have some lovely birds there. Good luck with your duck eggs. I don't have ducks but a friend is always trying to get me to have some of hers. I just don't have room right now for any more and they can be quite messy. I started out with warrens and they were great egg layers I unfortunatly lost them to a fox.

Hello all!
Fairly new to the site! I'm Jaymie-Leigh from Shepshed, Leicestershire.
we have 3 silkies and 1 lavender pekin !

Hi all!

I am a first time chicken keeper - proud owner to 4 Bresse pullets. We got them when they were 6 1/2 weeks old, and they are now just 9 weeks old. Already showing real personality - and they know how to demand some mealworms!

We are in West Wales - this is my first day on the site as a member, although I have used this site a LOT for finding out how to look after the girls in so many ways...

Hi all!

I am a first time chicken keeper - proud owner to 4 Bresse pullets. We got them when they were 6 1/2 weeks old, and they are now just 9 weeks old. Already showing real personality - and they know how to demand some mealworms!

We are in West Wales - this is my first day on the site as a member, although I have used this site a LOT for finding out how to look after the girls in so many ways...
Hey Welcome
welcome-byc.gif

im also new to the site, everyone has been so helpful and kind!

Hi every one I'm In North Devon, I got my pullets yesterday afternoon so I'm very new to this, but I'm loving it, I have 3 girls
Belle ( Bluebelle)
Hazel ( Hazel-Nutter)
And Olaf she likes warm hugs ( the Boyfriend named her)
This site is fantastic I have consumed a world of information and it's nice to find people on home turf
:D:D:D

Hi every one I'm In North Devon, I got my pullets yesterday afternoon so I'm very new to this, but I'm loving it, I have 3 girls
Belle ( Bluebelle)
Hazel ( Hazel-Nutter)
And Olaf she likes warm hugs ( the Boyfriend named her)
This site is fantastic I have consumed a world of information and it's nice to find people on home turf
:D:D:D
Hey welcome! :) I have only had my ladies for a week now and loving this site and how friend and helpful people have been :)

Back
Top Bottom