UK Member Please Say HI

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Habibs Hens, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Eggtastical

Eggtastical Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2015
    Hi Barbara :) I think I will keep a few but not all of them, I dont like the idea of culling my flock but with money being tight they are no longer paying for themselves so think i may have to. Plus doing so will allow me to refresh their pen over winter and extend, ready for the new girls in spring in new coops. I have been tending to buy POL Warrens but found they can be really nasty to each other but my 3 Bluebelles get on well with each other and the warrens so may try all Bluebelle. I have managed to book time off work for 19th May to go to Market so see what happens, never been melton before and never been to an auction so it will be an experience for anything but the only thing is, if my ebay habbit is anything to go by i will have to restrain myself from buying everything :p

Welcome everyone else new also :)

Eggtastical

1 person likes this.
  2. toddie75m

toddie75m New Egg

May 8, 2015
    just joined up from the South Coast (New Forest) where we have 2 warrens, 9 light sussex & duck eggs in the post!

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome toddie75m

Glad you could join us!! Sounds like you have some lovely birds there. Good luck with your duck eggs. I don't have ducks but a friend is always trying to get me to have some of hers. I just don't have room right now for any more and they can be quite messy. I started out with warrens and they were great egg layers I unfortunatly lost them to a fox.

4. jay0318

jay0318 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2015
    Hello all!
    Fairly new to the site! I'm Jaymie-Leigh from Shepshed, Leicestershire.
    we have 3 silkies and 1 lavender pekin !

5. fieldyollie

fieldyollie Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2015
    HAMPSHIRE (UK)
    My Coop
    hey welcome, I am new to the site too :) everyone has been so helpful and kind!

6. triala

triala New Egg

May 10, 2015
    Hi all!

I am a first time chicken keeper - proud owner to 4 Bresse pullets. We got them when they were 6 1/2 weeks old, and they are now just 9 weeks old. Already showing real personality - and they know how to demand some mealworms!

We are in West Wales - this is my first day on the site as a member, although I have used this site a LOT for finding out how to look after the girls in so many ways...

7. fieldyollie

May 5, 2015
    HAMPSHIRE (UK)
    My Coop
    Hey Welcome [​IMG]
    im also new to the site, everyone has been so helpful and kind!

8. ooRachyoo

ooRachyoo Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2015
    Devon England
    Hi every one I'm In North Devon, I got my pullets yesterday afternoon so I'm very new to this, but I'm loving it, I have 3 girls
    Belle ( Bluebelle)
    Hazel ( Hazel-Nutter)
    And Olaf she likes warm hugs ( the Boyfriend named her)
    This site is fantastic I have consumed a world of information and it's nice to find people on home turf
    :D:D:D

1 person likes this.
  9. ooRachyoo

ooRachyoo Out Of The Brooder

May 8, 2015
    Devon England
    [​IMG]
    My girls

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  10. fieldyollie

May 5, 2015
    HAMPSHIRE (UK)
    My Coop
    Hey welcome! :) I have only had my ladies for a week now and loving this site and how friend and helpful people have been :) [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by