UK Member Please Say HI

Pictures, as promised (or is it threatened?)

View attachment 1652750
The blue in front is Lakshmi; I like the marans influence in her hefty carriage. The blue behind her is Dawn, from my huge RSL cockerel over BlCM. You can see what I mean when I say it's a quagmire here at the moment.

View attachment 1652751
Dawn's egg is in the lower right hand corner, with Lakshmi's next to it. When wet, her egg does appear darker, more like the green ones on the far left, but the picture doesn't really capture the deep turquoise colour it has to it. Above are two araucana and one marans egg, for reference.
The last picture I saw if your hens they were on a lovely green grassy field! I hate wet winters. You have a nice selection of eggs. I love the different colours. Lakshmi and Dawn look like my bluebells!

I showed her the incubator and all I got was “No turkeys, no geese and you have to come shopping on Sunday”. I’ll take it!

Think we’re going to get another ‘Beast from the east’ this year or it’s just going to be the usual frosty windscreens and slight dusting?

I showed her the incubator and all I got was “No turkeys, no geese and you have to come shopping on Sunday”. I’ll take it!

Think we’re going to get another ‘Beast from the east’ this year or it’s just going to be the usual frosty windscreens and slight dusting?

Sounds a like a go go go! :highfive:

I hope not on another beast! Yesterday morning was just awful, like an ice rink here :(

Sounds like a deal!! Not much you can do once they've been set! :highfive:
We've had a bit of frost but it's gone now. 10.5c outside at the moment!! The little bit of extra light is nice though!

Well today is a sad day. I now have no quail. I had two left from all that I had but sadly one died today which left me with one. I don't want anymore and I didn't want to keep her on her own. Fortunately a school friend of my children has quail so I rehomed her with them. She will be alot happier their. It is an end of an era for me. I may get some again but I want a larger setup for them.
On a plus I have got another cochin bantam as a friend for speckle. She is her sister! She is smaller than speckle and quite shy. Meet millie!
DSC_0182.JPG

Well today is a sad day. I now have no quail. I had two left from all that I had but sadly one died today which left me with one. I don't want anymore and I didn't want to keep her on her own. Fortunately a school friend of my children has quail so I rehomed her with them. She will be alot happier their. It is an end of an era for me. I may get some again but I want a larger setup for them.
On a plus I have got another cochin bantam as a friend for speckle. She is her sister! She is smaller than speckle and quite shy. Meet millie!
View attachment 1654813
Sorry about the quail issue. That there lil’ bird is a fair bobby-dazzler :highfive:

Last edited:
Sorry about the quail issue. That there lil’ bird is a fair bobby-dazzler :highfive:

Sorry to hear about the quail :( Nice that your last one has found a good home.

Millie looks lovely! Very pretty :)
Thanks. It is a bit sad with the quails but she's fine. I got some pictures sent through of her with her new friends. She looks settled already. Millie is a proper sweety! She is only 720g! Speckle is 920g! For size comparison.
DSC_0180.JPG

And yes, they are both in my living room!

Back
Top Bottom