UK Member Please Say HI

Ha ha I hope not!  A mile is a very close call.

My poly tunnel became a battered mess after 4 days so that was money well spent!! :barnie  I can't bring myself to take it to the tip though as keep thinking I can make use of the bits that are left.  Could probably use the cover to roof the run if necessary etc.  It hurts too much to tip £109 of poly tunnel so soon ha ha.

Have now bought fence posts and netting etc and my half-term project is to fence off half of my garden in order to allow the other side to recover.  Luckily, it is a fair size.This will also allow me to easily attach a cover over the run in light of the prolonged risks, and indeed, of future outbreaks.
It will also allow me to plant vegetables and new plants etc without the little demons eating them ha ha. 
In addition, am planning to clean out and whitewash the small coop, ready to adopt some more ex batts when the all clear comes.  Phew!  Am tired just thinking about it ha ha x

Good luck to everyone - hopefully freedom is nearby :D

I see what you mean on tipping £109 :( Was the caretaker not able to salvage anything then?
Good luck with the half term project, sounds like you will be a busy bee!

Gosh...having a few problems with this site today!

@Yorkshirecoop Yay! Do you think that means I can let them free range? My feeders are treadle feeders so wild birds have no access...the water is undercover and the duck pond is under netting so safe too? The website is a little conflicting in its guidance notes...

Last edited:
My neighbours have already let theirs out despite my advice...my lot must be wondering what on earth they've done to endure being confined to the swampy, sodden pen! Next door's Pekins are teasing them!

Gosh...having a few problems with this site today!

@Yorkshirecoop Yay! Do you think that means I can let them free range? My feeders are treadle feeders so wild birds have no access...the water is undercover and the duck pond is under netting so safe too? The website is a little conflicting in its guidance notes...

I found it conflicting also and not that clear to follow really :(
From how I read it you have to supervise them I think? I need to have a better read of it tomorrow. But then again it's a government website so it's bound to be clear as mud isn't it :th

BTW...I do know I still have to wait till the 28th!!

:gig Yes hold your horse's!

Last edited:
My neighbours have already let theirs out despite my advice...my lot must be wondering what on earth they've done to endure being confined to the swampy, sodden pen! Next door's Pekins are teasing them!

Yep I have seen a lot of flock's still out and about :/ They will do if they get the £5,000 fine whopped up them!

I'm counting the days....... I've still 2 in the living room
1f631.png
They're huge now and the cockerel is quite loud
1f611.png

My locked up chickens outside hate me now and I'm not sure how the 2 in the house will react to being outside without a tv
My neighbor says he can't hear the cockerel crowing so if I was ever shouting for help I know I can't bank on him coming to save me
1f633.png

hi
1f64b.png
every one hope all is well I've been really busy so not been on for a while I've been on that interactive map with my post code and I have no colour but like I said mine have been out any way the weather is miserable either been pouring with rain or ice cold winds or snow or ice rain
2614.png
making a right swamp out there and obviously they are going in more to coop due to weather so its getting really messy so quickly I've gotta get out there and clean it out its just finding time with Aiyla my husband did it for me 2 week ago it will be much easier in warmer weather as I can take Aiyla out with me
Can't believe it was Aiyla 1st birthday
1f382.png
yesterday im sure all she wanted for her birthday was to be put in a play pen with the ducks she loves them mind you im not sure how happy they would be with that.

Back
Top Bottom