UK Member Please Say HI

I got kicked by a polo pony on my hip many years ago. I could barely walk on it for days. Luckily it didn't break anything. If anything it made me alot less complacent around them. We had a biter too. It bit my friend on his arm and it went black from his shoulder to his elbow. Never be too trusting, you never know if one can suddenly decide to do something out of sorts.

Yeah right! Is that like not all dogs bite?:p

Certainly is :) I trust Harry horse 110% not to kick. Charlie has been going in the stable with him since he was 2 and given charlie is nearly 17 now and he’s not been kicked or trodden on by now says something..... not to say some are not kickers because they are. I’ve had a few close calls in my time...... same with dogs, trust mine totally but that’s not to say some don’t. Each animal is individual.

I got kicked by a polo pony on my hip many years ago. I could barely walk on it for days. Luckily it didn't break anything. If anything it made me alot less complacent around them. We had a biter too. It bit my friend on his arm and it went black from his shoulder to his elbow. Never be too trusting, you never know if one can suddenly decide to do something out of sorts.

There is always that chance but I think it’s a case of trust with the ones you have had for a long time. I find you can tell when they are out of sorts or something is upsetting them.

Back
Top Bottom