Unique or extra chicks from mypetchicken.com

Megs501

Songster
7 Years
Mar 2, 2012
Flint Hills KS
My Coop
My Coop
in your experience- have you received extra or unique chicks with a small order (say ...6) of chick from mypetchicken.com? Just wondering if I can expect an surprises?! :)

Last edited:
I can't speak on behalf of mypetchicken but many other hatcheries will either send an extra chick in case of DOA or sometimes they will send packing peanuts

I ordered 12 chicks from mypetchicken and I didnt recieve any extras. But I have heard of quite a few people talking about there "packing peanuts". It seems like they do it more for larger orders. Let us know how your babies are when they arrive :)

Ordered from them twice, never got extras. I've heard a lot of time that the extras you get are males so many people can't even keep them. I love roosters though, I wish I could keep more.

This was why I ordered from them - the ability to get sexed bantams and a small order without packing peanuts. OK if you have a farm or willing takers locally....not so good in suburbia where you can't have a roo.

They have a minimum size based on shipping distance and include a heat pack when needed (instead of packing peanut males).

We'll see how lucky we get in a couple months.....

Ok, I was wondering what packing peanuts were, because surely they didn't put real packing peanut in with the babies! Haha I see now they're the male roosters. ;)

My babies didn't come in. :( which is weird since the tracking said "guaranteed by" today at 3:00pm. ...? Hope they're okay! I was sorta hoping for some extras, but do realize I don't want a roo here in the city. We live on a triple lot, almost as acre, but certainly can't have a rooster strutting around. (plus I have an 18 month old that would wake with him every morning!)

Thanks guys! I will post pics when they get here. Local post office said they should be there in the morning... We will see.

Last edited:
I just placed and order of 7 chicks from MPC. They said they sometimes include 4% extra chicks, but the smaller the order, the less likely the extras. I kind of hope I get an extra though, just not a roo! Good luck with yours and I hope they arrive safely!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom