Unknown hen breeds!

EE's can still lay tan can't they? No breed standard, so they can look like anything, lay whatever color, etc?
You know way more about this stuff than me though, so your opinion is way more useful than mine. :p I'm just guessing.
So am i. Im pretty decent with breeds (not great by any means) but i just cannot figure Isbe out. Rizo and her both, but Isbe especially.

Obviously a green legged partridge is not popular, or a breed i have ever heard of here or by anyone but one person and a few people on the internet, so i just wasn’t to sure. Though it had a more brown tone then black.

I vote EE then. There's no breed standard, and slate legs are common.

Or not, I could easily, easily be wrong. Though EE's can lay any color egg.
Everyone has different opinions, but the general rule for EEs is “A chicken of mixed heritage that carries a blue egg gene.” The “lay any color” was started by hatcheries who couldn’t promise all of their mutts would lay blue/green, as a small percentage don’t inherit the gene.
So while there are people out there calling their brown or white laying mutts EEs, they should really just call them mutts, because they don’t carry the characteristic that makes them an EE.

Especially since this bird doesn’t have muffs, a pea comb, or a crest (indicating blue layer heritage) I would decidedly not call her an EE.

Obviously a green legged partridge is not popular, or a breed i have ever heard of here or by anyone but one person and a few people on the internet, so i just wasn’t to sure. Though it had a more brown tone then black.
Green Legged Partridges are not a recognized breed. I’m thinking if the seller told you it was a breed, they just wanted to sell you a chicken, lol.

Everyone has different opinions, but the general rule for EEs is “A chicken of mixed heritage that carries a blue egg gene.” The “lay any color” was started by hatcheries who couldn’t promise all of their mutts would lay blue/green, as a small percentage don’t inherit the gene.
So while there are people out there calling their brown or white laying mutts EEs, they should really just call them mutts, because they don’t carry the characteristic that makes them an EE.

Especially since this bird doesn’t have muffs, a pea comb, or a crest (indicating blue layer heritage) I would decidedly not call her an EE.
:goodpost:
Thank you!

No, i haven’t! I use Amish Origins drawing salve, i might try that though, thank you!
We use it for ours. Wash foot, Put Prid on, gauze, wrap it. Repeat every other day for 2-3 weeks. Usually scab is lifted out some by then, and foot is drier.
Soak for 30 min in Epsom salts , then tweeze, and if you need to, cut remaining parts out. It usually is very easy like this.
Rewrap with Neosporin, and as soon as it it is filled in, you're good to go.

We use it for ours. Wash foot, Put Prid on, gauze, wrap it. Repeat every other day for 2-3 weeks. Usually scab is lifted out some by then, and foot is drier.
Soak for 30 min in Epsom salts , then tweeze, and if you need to, cut remaining parts out. It usually is very easy like this.
Rewrap with Neosporin, and as soon as it it is filled in, you're good to go.
Thank you!
I have been doing all of this, though. And no luck. Her scab is just very strange, its super thing and doesn’t seem to have anything under it, and pops back again once i took it out (probably got reinfected) Now i can’t seem to take it out, and its very thin.

Back
Top Bottom