Unusual looking Brahma rooster

Could you link some of that reading? I’m always looking to learn more about chicken genetics.
Actually if you google genetics in chickens and even line or inbreeding chickens you will get more information than you can imagine, just be careful on what is fact and not a person’s opinion

Actually if you google genetics in chickens and even line or inbreeding chickens you will get more information than you can imagine, just be careful on what is fact and not a person’s opinion
Sounds like it’s your opinion and you don’t know the facts, because I know RoostersAreAwesome, nicalandia, and I know chicken genetics.
If you want to learn about chicken genetics, I would recommend https://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm or http://www.kippenjungle.nl/chickengenetics/pdf/Poultry_Genetics_for_Exhibition_Breeders.pdf

I have done that, and I have read a lot of the things I found. But google doesn't seem to give the same results to everyone (it makes assumptions about what pages I will like best, and puts them first in the search), so even when I do the same search as you, I see different pages.

So like @RoostersAreAwesome, I'm curious to see some of the pages you have found.

Sounds like it’s your opinion and you don’t know the facts, because I know RoostersAreAwesome, nicalandia, and I know chicken genetics.
If you want to learn about chicken genetics, I would recommend https://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm or http://www.kippenjungle.nl/chickengenetics/pdf/Poultry_Genetics_for_Exhibition_Breeders.pdf
I’m not interested in getting in a debate about who thinks they have the answers ! I just know what I know from 40 years of dealing with poultry , anyone who thinks that they are a professional and have all the answers doesn’t have the experience to realize that there’s always going to be things happening when breeding chickens that leaves you a little confused ! Just interested in hearing from people that has experience and what they had seen over the years.

I just know what I know from 40 years of dealing with poultry , anyone who thinks that they are a professional and have all the answers doesn’t have the experience to realize that there’s always going to be things happening when breeding chickens that leaves you a little confused ! Just interested in hearing from people that has experience and what they had seen over the years.

Yes over 30 years of dealing with chickens I have had my fair share of unexpected results and I have been left baffled and confused, but most of those birds were just run of the mill backyard birds, 20 years ago I started to get very serious about the science behind chicken genetics. For me it became rather easily. I can visualize over 100 genetic combinations on my head. Yet I have difficulties having a normal conversation with my Son or even my wife. For some people genetics it's more difficult to grasp.

The bird appears to be Silver Columbain in looks, yes the chances of an spontaneous mutation appearing right in front of your eyes is very real(it has happened before for other genes), but it's less than 0.1%, There is a 99.99% chance that what you have is a Brahma cross cockerel. He is quite handsome. Enjoy it.

Yes over 30 years of dealing with chickens I have had my fair share of unexpected results and I have been left baffled and confused, but most of those birds were just run of the mill backyard birds, 20 years ago I started to get very serious about the science behind chicken genetics. For me it became rather easily. I can visualize over 100 genetic combinations on my head. Yet I have difficulties having a normal conversation with my Son or even my wife. For some people genetics it's more difficult to grasp.

The bird appears to be Silver Columbain in looks, yes the chances of an spontaneous mutation appearing right in front of your eyes is very real(it has happened before for other genes), but it's less than 0.1%, There is a 99.99% chance that what you have is a Brahma cross cockerel. He is quite handsome. Enjoy it.
I like your reply , experience is our best teacher

Back
Top Bottom