Update 29/07/09: 6 weeks old (p. 3)

Quote:
You don't have to agree of course, every chicken mommy believes her chicks are the cutest..
big_smile.png

They turned three weeks old today, time for an update! I know I've said it before, but them frizzles develop so much faster than non-frizzles! Really remarkable.

I'm afraid the lavender chick is a roo... he already has a red comb and is only three weeks old!
sad.png
Oh well, I'll just keep praying for the splash chick..
fl.gif

IMG_8172-border.jpg

Check-out those cute white feathers on her/his back.
smile.png

IMG_8181-border.jpg

IMG_8186-border.jpg

IMG_8205-border.jpg

IMG_8212-border.jpg

Mommy with her kiddies
IMG_8218-border.jpg

Food!
IMG_8229-border.jpg

And food again..
big_smile.png

IMG_8238-border.jpg

Ballet-chickie
IMG_8253-border.jpg

Yes you my little roo!
IMG_8266-border.jpg

Strike a pose
cool.png

IMG_8272-border.jpg

This one has been rolling in the mud
roll.png

IMG_8280-border.jpg

IMG_8288-border.jpg

IMG_8293-border.jpg

IMG_8197-border.jpg

This is one of our other "litters", thought they deserved a little spot here too since they turned five weeks also today.
smile.png

No. 1
IMG_8311-border.jpg

No. 2
IMG_8327-border.jpg

Two roosters I'm afraid..
sad.png

Last edited:
I just admire your birds!! They are so cute! To bad the lavender is a male.... are you stilll going to keep it? I was just curious did all of your hens go broody cause you seem to have alot of chicks hahah
tongue.png

Quote:
I don't think it's a good idea to send chicks from Europe to America..
lol.png
Not that I would anyway.
big_smile.png
I got 4 roosters out of six chicks, that's even more sad! Oh well, better luck next year!

Settler'sDreamFarm :

I just admire your birds!! They are so cute! To bad the lavender is a male.... are you stilll going to keep it? I was just curious did all of your hens go broody cause you seem to have alot of chicks hahah
tongue.png

As a matter of fact, they did all go broody.
lol.png
The first one got 4 chicks, the second one two, and the third one four.

Sadly, I can't keep any more males. I would get in trouble with my neighbours and roo.
roll.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Well you can always make a trip through Europe and stop by to pick up my roosters.
wink.png
lol.png

They turned 4 weeks yesterday! I'm thinking 2 boys (the lavender and white chick) and two girls.

IMG_8598-border.jpg

IMG_8607-border.jpg

IMG_8619-border.jpg

IMG_8636-border.jpg

IMG_8639-border.jpg

IMG_8641-border.jpg

IMG_8651-border.jpg

IMG_8671-border.jpg

kuik.jpg

IMG_8650-border.jpg

Last edited:
OOOOOOHHHHHH what cute chicks. I also love the pic of the moma. From looking at lots of moma chicken pics I have noticed they have such a cute look in there eye.... What babies
smile.png

I know what you mean about the look. I have a lavender orphington that is the saem ae as the other pullets in her cage but they are bantams and she has taken to being a "mommy" to the others. She has that gentle, loving look about her too. When I open the cage she always stands in front of them. She ins't mean at all but it seems like she is protecting them in her own way.

Back
Top Bottom