update day 24-not good news

No further progress. It is day 23. Dh said he thought he saw one or two moving. I hope I did not lose the lil one that piped. It pipped about the size of a peiece of corn about 3/4 down. Should I wait or try to peel away some of the shell??? Should I worry I don't hear any peeping anymore?? What is considered a pip? A crack in the shell or when the shell piece pops off? dd says it poped off about 600pm last night.

Last edited:
new update! IT had poked a small hold in the membrane in the shell that poped off. I checked it and peeled a small peice of the shell off and opened the membrane(that was already broken open) ever so slightly and I see it breathing in there. So I cranked up the humidifier so maybe there is hope after all. This lil one is just taking her sweet time getting here. The rest is up to her.

I cant wait to see some pics. I hope she will have some friends
smile.png

me and you both stevie. I hope your lil ducklings are okay and are thriving today. You know this is so frustrating and exciting at the same time. No matter what happens I will be doing this again. I have 20 marans ready to go into the hatcher on monday so I hope by then these lil ones are here.

Your not the only one
smile.png
. I got eggs being shipped on monday. Yup more ducks and chickens. What is wrong with me?

Even though the one duck was a ealry hatch and partially developed. I am going to give him a fighting chance

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom