update on skinny sick rir

veronica2368

In the Brooder
12 Years
Sep 26, 2007
newville pa
i have an update on my rir hen who is 4 years old.
i noticed she was sick about 2 weeks ago. she is very thin...extremely...i had no idea she wasnt eating. i am at a loss as to what is making her sick. i have 13 hens...8 that are new and that are n0t.
i treated their water with liquid sulfa nox for 3 days...it is for cocciodosis...we have had wild birds in the coop......we have now put up the mesh so they cant get in.
we are thinking we need to worm them n0ow just in case. i have piperazine...i got it from the feedstore...we are going to give that to them next.

i brought her in today and made her a few things to eat. i made her some sugar water....some avia charge 2000...some oatmeal with sugar and acv in it...and i opened up some wet cat food. she ate a little but i made her eat a bunch until her crop felt like it had some good food in it. i made her drink some of the water and avia charge and then i put her back out in the coop.
i'm not sure what else to do for her. she is such a sweet girl and i would love to know how to make her well. if anyone has any other suggestions i would be grateful.
thanks,
veronica

Hmm.. I think if she was my hen I would seperate her from the others until I was sure I knew what was wrong. That way you can monitor how much she is eating, and maybe help prevent the others from getting sick, too.

I hope she pulls through for you.

-Meghan

Back
Top Bottom