Update on the deal I made

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
Earlier this summer I made a deal with a guy to come fence my pasture in exchange for him using it to graze his calves on it for the rest of this year and all of next. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=73116
He
was really busy all summer (as was I) and didn't come back. So on my way home from working out of town last week, I stopped in and asked if he still wanted to and he said yes, when he was done with potato and hay harvests.

The cool thing is that his friend (who bought my last puppy earlier this summer) offered me a box of potatoes and hollyhock seeds. So I took those and while I was picking them up, they asked me if I wanted a chicken coop that was between both of their houses. I said absolutely! It's 8x8 and has a floor. I've been trying to find time and help to build one all summer and now one has just fallen into my hands.

Then yesterday, I looked out the window and my pasture was fenced! As of last night, he put 7 calves out there and they will be there for two or three weeks. I'll try to get some pics this weekend when I get back from working out of town. Now all I have to do is build two gates and my entire back yard will be fenced as well so I won't have to worry about my boys and my dog out there anymore. I am so relieved. I am so glad to live here where I have such great neighbors!

Great neighbors are like gold!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom