UPDATE! Sad News!

I was a good girl and came straight to work today - I wont know a thing until I get home :| - My mother in law has not said another thing about the day 16 early peepers, but I dont think its good? She should have brought babies with her today if they were okay - she is bringing her bator and all of the other eggs on a 2 hour drive (nuts, isnt it?) today, which is day 19, I think....she had an unavoidable trip planned to be in town and is just bringing the whole setup, specially packaged. I hope they all survive, if theyre still alive! What a story they have!

Temps and Humidity were stable yesterday and last night - looks good so far?

I checked Tractor Supply today - no new babies in today! New orders of chicks are due at the three local Feed stores tomorrow - back up plan in place!

Hang in there - Lets all hear REAL peeps tonight!
fl.gif
fl.gif
yippiechickie.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
I was home sick today, sorry no updates. I don't have any news yet but will update you when I do, ok? I did get my 2 doz button quail eggs and my bator today, yippee. Wow are they tiny. Lost a couple but they had sent extra. I still have the swap eggs and a set of seramas coming from Frank that should be here this week. I will let you know as soon as I have some news.

Marie

Marie Martin - I hope you are feeling okay. How exciting to have more eggs ready to go! I am trying to be more selective with my next attempt at hatching, if this one works out okay, and get only eggs on my wish list (Ameraucana, Araucana, Iowa Blue, Brahma, Delaware, Welsummer, Campine and Barred Hollands, plus maybe Penedescas)....

Our good news:

wee.gif
It's Happening!! I have two pips! They are in my standard cochin eggs! I have a total of 35 eggs left in the bator, 2 are completely doubtful but I left them in just in case, cause I'm a total newbie to this! Does staring at them hurt them? One was already started when we got home this evening, the other happened about an hour ago....Man, I'm tired, but who wants to sleep??

Come on chickies!!

I cant hear any cheeps over the motor of the incubator or my other birds - but maybe I'll pick something up when things get more quiet later?

Hope everyones doing okay....still sooooo far to go.....

Updates Pllleeeaaasssseeee?????

jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I am so jealous. Come on chickies!!

I hope you get lots of fluffy butts soon. I will let you know if anything changes here. Keep us posted.

Marie

caf.gif
It's going to be a long night - I think I'll watch the internet!

I had to give another update about the 16 day Peeps - my mother in law called a while ago with an update - the peeping she heard the other day was NOT from any of my chicken eggs - it was from a COCKATIEL egg that she had in the same bator! Now she's hand feeding that and traveling two hours with the eggs, unplugged but still packed in the bator, til she gets in to town! (Travel plans she couldnt change, so she's bringing the bator with her!) Still gotta wonder about their chances? They have been through a lot - original shipping cause I got em off of ebay, another two hour ride to her house, another two day wait to set them, now another two hour ride during day 19/20? If they survive, they are miracles! Here I am treating mine so carefully, sterile/fragile, temp and humidity levels monitored, and those others are, well, being tossed around! Survival of the fittest, and I bet they'll be sturdy!

My mother in law hatches alot of eggs, including button quail, so I trust her....she even hatched one of my goose eggs once (I dont have geese any more)...I know she'll pull this off!

Good luck on everyones hatches!
fl.gif

Hope all goes well with the hatch. I am sure that we probably worry too much over them.

I candled my 10 eggs when putting them into the hatcher and all have moving chicks. So maybe by morning I will have pips!

Marie

Yay! With the last batch I did of our own barred rock eggs, I was getting worried because it was almost day 21 and none had hatched hen I went to check like 20 mins later and we had a baby and 3 pips! So once the first one is out, its usually smooth sailing! lol

COMEON CHICKIES!
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

I imagine all that cheeping they do wakes the others up and makes them get busy, huh? Will let you know at about 3 when Dh gets home and checks for me.

Marie

Back
Top Bottom