UPDATE! Sad News!

MIL called and says two of mine in her bator survived the trip so far and are PIPPING!!

At home I have 6 pips now, but I am worried and I'm going to read about intervention - the ones last night that cracked the shells havent changed - I hope they are alive? I am going back home a little later to check on them and decide what to do???? I live 14 miles from town, so I wont be going back to work today
smile.png
Who can work with this going on? Oh, and I gotta make sure the brooder is warm!

Keep up the updates! Good luck everyone! Whoo Hoo! Tina

DH just emailed and said he hears peeps! Woohoo! Never fails, he's home for the fun...

Updated to add that we have a pip!!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
No excitement here-I wish I would've candled more than one egg at day 18. Now I have no idea if they're alive in there or not. I had a temp. spike on day 18.
fl.gif
for
jumpy.gif
soon!

Congrats everyone on the pips!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, a "headache" (nudge, nudge)... I'm feeling one coming on too so I can go home...
wink.png

J/k - hope you feel better. Hang in there coffeegirl!

I have chicks hatching but they are very sticky. I must have had the humidity too high during incubation. Also noticed the ones that have gotten all the way out have partial egg sack still sticking out. I have to get a better hygrometer.

Will keep you posted.

Marie

Please keep us posted - I'm watching BYC in between chores and chickies here - what does "sticky" look like? I think a couple of mine may be in trouble, but I had two chicks hatched in the bator when I got home early:love - One is my Cuckoo Marans, the other is a cochin! Whoo hoo, others are pipping, but some are too dry.
sad.png

Funny how many of us are sick today? I told them I had the Chicken Pops (borrowed from BYC), it worked!!!

Hope everyones hatches are coming along - thank you so much cause it's nice not to be alone doing this!

I'm cheering for everyone!!
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Tina

Back
Top Bottom