update w/1 pic so far...

you just had a heart attack and youre freaking yourself out about some chicken eggs between rehab.....

you are now the guru of all chicken addicts! lol.

Not to laugh at you incubator plight...If theyre still peeping and pipping, I would let them hatch as much as you can.

I am certain a broody hen doesnt get it perfect every time...sometimes she has to get off the next to "go" or to get some food...and broody hen doesn't always mean healthy hen, either, so sometimes their body temps might just get a little warmer, too.

*touching fingertips to forehead* You will be fine

breathe in, breathe out

these are not the last chickens in the world from which you need to repopulate with everyone , all 7 billion people, counting on you to feed them from these chicks.

I've had horrid temp spikes and drops during a hatch...and it goes ok. Chickens are resilient when theyre healthy!

Good luck!

Quote:
oohhh, a blue orp, I don't have one of those.... (yet)
gig.gif

My son wanted a fuzzy yellow chick for easter. We have 19 in the brooder, not a single one is yellow!!
lau.gif
We have the whole rest of the rainbow tho, and they are all fuzzy. He hasn't seemed to notice there's no yellow.
wink.png

Michelle

Quote:
and now:

1 more ee from bluey just hatched
1 blue orp pipping from buster
1 more of my mystery chicks pipping

...nothin yet from the marans...sniff sniff...I will give it more time and pray for some more babies.

24 eggs left in the bator...with 2 deffinate signs of life.

Come on you chickies!!!!

Quote:
and now:

1 more ee from bluey just hatched
1 blue orp pipping from buster
1 more of my mystery chicks pipping

...nothin yet from the marans...sniff sniff...I will give it more time and pray for some more babies.

24 eggs left in the bator...with 2 deffinate signs of life.

Come on you chickies!!!!

Today:
1 blue orp from buster
1 ee from bluey

and sadly...1 from me is struggling right now...i think it's intestines are out.
hit.gif

and I can hear one more peeping in a shell and I don't think there is life in the rest but I will leave it for another day or two?

we are on day 23.

me,
g

Does bluey know he is a grandpa? Sorry about the one chickie,
sad.png

but it sounds like you did get a pretty good hatch overall!!

celebrate.gif

Whatsya gonna do with all those peeps?
Have your girls chase their friends?!!

Are your pics only on your camera, or does it have a chip you remove?

No I haven't seen bluey around. He's been slackin.

I have a dig. camera with a chip and my mom just brought it to my friend today...she will upload to photobucket for me.

I'm gonna watch the peeps grow and they'll probably go to "show and tell" next week at dd's school and show them off to the preschool-6th graders, like I did last year. The school took pics of that day and now when they advertise for the school...the kids and our chicks are posted.

This year they have pics of our ducks so far with the kids.
big_smile.png

Bluey's and Buster's grandchicks will be famous!

me,
g

11 chicks hatched and survived:

4 buff orps from buster
2 blue orps from buster
3 ee's from bluey
2 mystery chicks from me

(1 mix, not included---will probably not make it
sad.png
)

------------------------------------

7 buffs zero activity
3 blues zero activity
6 marans zero activity
4 ee's zero activity
3 mix zero activity

ok so this is my first real close inspection of an egg-topsy

I figure since the chicks broke through the layer of membrane but did not pip...that means they drown?

my 2 mix> drown (1 had stuff out & other was absorbed)

bluey ee's > 1 drown (had stuff out)
2 scrambled

malalpine farms> 5 scrambled
1 developed but did not break membrane (had stuff out) {seemed to have eggs packed well too??}

buster > 2 blue scrambled
6 buff scrambled
1 blue drown
1 buff drown
{had eggs packed well}

**ok, so now in looking at how things went. I would say if I had some drowned that means at some point I had too much humidity at the end stage. Correct?

I did buy a humidity gage but it was hard to use...I will invest in a digital one next time.

Any other comments or advisments?

Thanks much,
g

oh and I am very very pleased with my 11 fuzzy chicks. My girls love love love them. They are very dear.

And thanks all for the eggs...I am sorry my health turned and I was unable to tend to the eggs and the bator like I would have liked. In doing the egg-topsys I am happy though that so many were scrambled...I feel less guilty then I guess because it was out of my control.

At anyrate...I've been blessed with 11 nice lookin chicks and as soon as I hear from my friend...I shall post the few pics I took and will post more once I get my camera back.

Back
Top Bottom