UPDATE WITH PICS-Post #68: Ordering on Amazon.com. Have you?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by kuntrygirl, Dec 17, 2010.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Has anyone ever ordered from Amazon.com? I have been looking at the items for sale on their website and I'm finding that they sell a lot of their items cheaper than other website. I looked at the Farm Bureau Co-op chick sign and it sells for $7.80 on Amazon.com and other sites sell it for as much as $20.00.

Has anyone had any bad experiences ordering from Amazon.com?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. Orchid

Orchid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    North Central MN
    I have ordered both new and used items (books and CDs) on Amazon and have never been disappointed. [​IMG]

3. featherfooted

featherfooted Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    We order from Amazon.com all the time. My husband is a big book nut. We've also ordered other thing from. They have great service.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I order from Amazon.com and never had a problem. Very fast shipping.

5. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I've ordered from Amazon.ca before, things are usually cheaper there but you have to remember shipping. I got a book that was $7 there and $10 from the store, but with shipping included it was like $15. With larger orders I think it might be better though.

6. Lotsapaints

Lotsapaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2010
    Paso Robles, CA
    I have always had good luck when ordering on the site fast service good prices

7. jerseygirl1

jerseygirl1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2009
    Orange County, NY
    All the time

Organic Apple Cidar Vinegar - .99 shipping for one gallon
    Cheaper than the health food store

8. sgtmom52

sgtmom52 Birds & Bees

We order from Amazon a lot. They often offer free shipping on some items over $25.

9. SparksNV

SparksNV Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2010
    Spanish Springs, NV
    I have ordered from them with no problems! I always check shipping costs vs buying it locally or through ebay.

10. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Got something from them last week, have probably ordered from them 20 or 30 times. At this point they are an "old" and well-established business. I also use them when pricing something I am thinking of buying locally, as they usually have very reasonable prices. They also offer buying used or rebuilt items. I saved a lot of money once buying a used book that would have been quite expensive new. They have never messed up an order or sent me less than what I expected.

If you're going to spend $25 and it will be shipped from them (rather than drop shipped from another vendor) you can get free shipping without joining some club or getting their credit card or whatever. But you need to read the instructions carefully and check a particular box in the process. They call it free super saver shipping. I usually do this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by