Updated and organized medication lists for chickens, ducks and other birds

You ladies are awesome! I really appreciate the time you have spent putting this together and figuring it out and most of all being willing to share all of this information with us. As a relative newbie to having birds of my own it is a tremendous help. I have lots of veterinarian experience with dogs, horses, and other larger animals in helping vet tech and farm hand when I was younger and more able bodied and then with owning and taking care of my own animals for forty years but birds are so delicate in many ways. I have always been holding back when it came to having my own for those reasons. I would always help my friends etc., but leave it at that until I was unable to work anymore and was staying at home full time and then had my husband at home the majority of the time with my kids grown as well to help me since I can’t do stuff physically like I used to. Luckily hens aren’t heavy but they are fast. I just caught three while ago and they let me get them because it was dark and they couldn’t see too well! Lol! Again thank you thank you! This is all greatly appreciated! Hugs many times over!

You ladies are awesome! I really appreciate the time you have spent putting this together and figuring it out and most of all being willing to share all of this information with us. As a relative newbie to having birds of my own it is a tremendous help. I have lots of veterinarian experience with dogs, horses, and other larger animals in helping vet tech and farm hand when I was younger and more able bodied and then with owning and taking care of my own animals for forty years but birds are so delicate in many ways. I have always been holding back when it came to having my own for those reasons. I would always help my friends etc., but leave it at that until I was unable to work anymore and was staying at home full time and then had my husband at home the majority of the time with my kids grown as well to help me since I can’t do stuff physically like I used to. Luckily hens aren’t heavy but they are fast. I just caught three while ago and they let me get them because it was dark and they couldn’t see too well! Lol! Again thank you thank you! This is all greatly appreciated! Hugs many times over!
Casportpony I must say is the real wizard here. I have no idea how she did it, but I am very happy she did. If I was to work out that maths conversion, we might be here aging gracefully waiting lol.

Im glad someone else is equally as glad for the info.
Also admiring your dedication and love for your animals. Have a really bless day tomorrow. Im now off to bed :)

Casportpony I must say is the real wizard here. I have no idea how she did it, but I am very happy she did. If I was to work out that maths conversion, we might be here aging gracefully waiting lol.

Im glad someone else is equally as glad for the info.
Also admiring your dedication and love for your animals. Have a really bless day tomorrow. Im now off to bed :)
You as well with many kind regards!

Using ivermectin for intestinal parasites do you need to repeat the dose in 10-15 days, or is that just a one time thing? I'm a little unclear on that.

Using ivermectin for intestinal parasites do you need to repeat the dose in 10-15 days, or is that just a one time thing? I'm a little unclear on that.
Ivermectin is no longer an effective poultry de-wormer, better to use Valbazen or Safeguard, but if you really want to use it, no need to repeat.

Is this oxine right? I believe it is, but I have not used it before.

Oxine AH Gallon https://www.walmart.com/ip/860557797
Yes, and if you want to use that, you need to get the citric acid activator too.
1663444091426.png

Back
Top Bottom