Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Orally as a drench? Since I'm not having much luck with the Corid, I'm thinking of giving them Sulmet (powder) water, 2 tablespoons to one gallon correct? as their drinking water and then using the Corid water over their food...
Thanks

Last edited:
Ugh so according to this information a sulfa in combination with amprol would be more effective...

That is why my vet sent these links to me and suggested that I use SulfaMed-G since the Corid seems to not be working. One of the articles states that amprolium does not work well in game birds and sulfa drugs are the better choice.

That being said, and to my dismay, my math was off by a magnitude of ten and I gave my birds ten times the amount I was supposed to. I was tube feeding a bunch of sick chicks and gave that overdose for three days. On the upside, the fecal exams I performed both before and after showed way too many cocci to count before giving the SulfaMed-G and zero cocci after three days of dosing.

One of the benefits of the sulfa drug is that it is fairly safe and I can attest to that.
hmm.png

Orally as a drench? Since I'm not having much luck with the Corid, I'm thinking of giving them Sulmet (powder) water, 2 tablespoons to one gallon correct? as their drinking water and then using the Corid water over their food...
Thanks
Two tablespoon is way too much! Re read the instructions. I think the actual dose is close to 1.5 teaspoons per gallon.

Quote: Poultry: Add 2 tablespoons (1 fl oz) to each gallon, or one gallon of stock solution to 128 gallons. Following administration directions, this will provide a recommended dose of approximately 58 to 85 mg/lb/day (128 to 187 mg/kg/day) body weight in chickens and 50 to 124 mg/lb/day (110 to 273 mg/kg/day) body weight in turkeys, depending upon the dosage, age, class of chickens or turkeys, ambient temperature and other factors.
That says to add the whole package (1 pound powder) to one gallon, then from that gallon use two tablespoons for the gallon you're going to give your birds.

-Kathy

OMG... What have I done!!!

wait... so how many tablespoons do you guestimate are in a pound of the powder? Holy cow...

Well they are all acting normal after being on this concoction all day and I think it cured the coccidiosis because all of there poos are completely normal looking and not even the least bit orange or diarrhea-ish. lol

Back
Top Bottom