Updated - Corid and Amprol (amprolium) Dosing

Pics
Mike 10
My little pullet is having the same issues. She eats and drinks just fine, but is rather lethargic. It is starting to get really cold outside, so I've been bringing her in the house at night. She seems fine for a while, but after she's outside for a couple of hours she is all pathetic looking again.

I'm starting her on corid tonight. I hope both of our girls will be OK!

Toast has no problem eating cucumbers and corn!

Last edited:
Our pullet "Toast" gets antsy during the day when she can't go outside with her buddies. I bring her back in the house after a while. It is closer to 70 inside, which is better than 50 degrees outside with 50 mph winds. Toast was a sticky chick that was very slow to feather out and has always been small and weak for her age. We recently rehomed her brother/BFF so between the cold and being sad that her brother left I'm not sure what we'll do with her this winter. Perhaps a chicken diaper is in her future??? Or maybe she could just make friends with a different chicken and cuddle at night?!?!

Mike 10 My little pullet is having the same issues. She eats and drinks just fine, but is rather lethargic. It is starting to get really cold outside, so I've been bringing her in the house at night. She seems fine for a while, but after she's outside for a couple of hours she is all pathetic looking again. I'm starting her on corid tonight. I hope both of our girls will be OK! Toast has no problem eating cucumbers and corn!
Yea she won't drink much now but she seems like she wants to rest. When she wakes up she eats and drinks and almost wants to rest again. I just made her drink about half hour ago took a good 8 gulps lol but hopefully both ours get better. It's about 50 at night I might start leaving the light on at night so they can stay warm.

One more question I cleaned out the coop and she was the only one in and saw her poo. I give them scratch and peck organic non gmo grower feed here from Washington. The poop had the grains and was greenish had some white. But I could see the grains is this bad.

The grains are difficult to digest, so it is not unusual to see them in the droppings. Greenish poo with white is normal as well. The color can vary depending on the diet.

Quote: If you're going to worm her, get Safeguard for goats or Valbazen, 'cause Wazine only treats roundworms, plus you wouldn't want to put both Wazine and Corid in her water. Safeguard and Valbazen are given orally and may be given while treating with Corid.

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom