UPDATED- PICS>>> I left the Auto Turner Off by accident-

I have a total of 22 healthy chicks. 1 died in the brooder. I may have taken it out of the incubator too early. 11 B0, 2 RIR and the rest are from a mixed flock of pure breeds. The close ups are the the mixed pen chicks. They could be pure or half breeds not sure.
12632_img_5069_large.jpg

12632_img_5064_large.jpg

12632_img_5066_large.jpg

12632_img_5060_large.jpg

12632_img_5054_large.jpg

Also, 6 were dead in the remaining eggs. 1 just piped, the rest looked like they drowned or did not find the air sack. Not sure.

One of the remaining 2 RIR's died in the brooder. Ony 1 left and its not the healthiest chick. Out of 14 original RIR eggs I have 1 chick. They were collected shipped and incubated in the same conditions as 13 BO eggs. Of those, I have 11 healthy chicks. I'm sure my mistakes or inexperience caused me to lose some, but there has to be something with the RIR eggs.

Congrads it does make you wonder about the RIR's. But chick loss is hard to tell most times my last hatch I had one came out the wrong end and did not make it one died in the brooder look like it just fell asleep and did not wake up. It does happen but all and all sounds like you did good tho. keep at it.

Great pics also.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom