Updated pictures of Blue and Black copper chicks !

I emailed you instead
lol.png

Quote:
Those hens probably cost a pretty penny!
lol.png
Well my marans from meyer didn't cost to much and these chicks were a good deal so IDK
wink.png
you never know!

Henry

Last edited:
These little guys are driving me nuts how do you stop yours from getting shaving in their water and feed I have been cleaning both out at least three times a day ! and they are flying out even with a large screen on top !!!!

I am keeping mine in XL wire dog crates, since i already have them. I bed them in bermuda hay, just a thin layer, since I already have that. Just one thick handful beds a whole crate and I change it out every few days. The waterer, I use a gallon plastic one and put it on top of a two inch deep by about nine inch square tupperware turned upside down. The bermuda doesn't fly around like shavings when the dig around in it. I feed crumbles in a long feeder with individual holes. I put it in the blender first so it is more like cornmeal consistency. They eat a lot more of it and waste almost none. I also hang a non-working clamp light above the water to keep them from roosting on it. That takes care of the poop in the water thing. I put some half inch by one inch wire about a foot high all the way around the bottom part of the crate so li'l guys can't wiggle out, and by the time they can climb/fly a foot high, they are too big to get through the bars. Also, since it is across the front, it keeps them from jumping out when you open the door to take care of them, clean, feed, change the water, straighten up. It is easy to put roosts in there too, any height or direction you think will work with your set up. They are four feet deep, three foot high and maybe thirty inches wide.

Quote:
Henry, raise your water and feed up. This keeps the water clean, and they cannot scratch the feed out and waste it. I use wooden blocks for my feed. And actually I put my waterer in a small square tupperware bottom. The base of the waterer fits in perfectly and keeps it from being knocked down, or from much being kicked in.

Good luck!

That a great idea I have a metal dog crate too
big_smile.png
thanks so much I also have a ton of straw bales I will try and set this up tomorrow.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom