Updates :)

hannnnnah

In the Brooder
Mar 12, 2023
Hi everyone! It’s been a while since my last post because I was on vacation. My mom stayed with the ducks and took really good care of them. I asked for her not to send me any pictures/videos, unless something was wrong, because I wanted to be surprised with how much they grew. Boy, was I surprised! I swear they tripled in size while I was gone.

Anyways, I just wanted to share some updates!

In regards to my last post, the honking was most certainly the beginnings of a quack! Three of my babies are full-on quacking. I believe this means 3/4 are female (good news, I think).

They’ll be six weeks on Thursday and all is good! I’ve switched them to a lower protein diet and have continued with the nutritional yeast, treats, and grit. Also, feathers are almost fully in, with the exception of small patches of fluff. They love yard time and “bobbing” for peas while swimming.

Thank you all for being so incredibly kind and informative throughout this process. I couldn’t have done it without this forum!

Bonus photo of me and the sweetest little girl. Sorry for the messy look, I was outside working all morning haha.

Attachments

• 310D3CF2-D77A-498B-B6C5-3D674E4A9162.png
    310D3CF2-D77A-498B-B6C5-3D674E4A9162.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom