Upstate, NY chicken peeps!

Hello, just introducing myself. I'm a young farmer from the Catskills, and this would be my third year raising chickens. Last summer I made some room, and I've been slowly hoarding heritage breeds over the summer. If I get my FSA loan I plan do some serious breeding specializing in Sumatras, Marans (cuckoo, Black copper, blue, black), blue and lavender Orpingtons, Faverolles, and Cochins too. Thats not an exhaustive list of what I plan to breed, but ones I want to focus on. Not too many breeders around me so I'm hoping for the best.

Hello, just introducing myself. I'm a young farmer from the Catskills, and this would be my third year raising chickens. Last summer I made some room, and I've been slowly hoarding heritage breeds over the summer. If I get my FSA loan I plan do some serious breeding specializing in Sumatras, Marans (cuckoo, Black copper, blue, black), blue and lavender Orpingtons, Faverolles, and Cochins too. Thats not an exhaustive list of what I plan to breed, but ones I want to focus on. Not too many breeders around me so I'm hoping for the best.

Welcome! This thread really isn't active, but the NY Chicken Lovers!!! one is. I work the "other" side of FSA, with the commodity programs in CNY.

Hi there! Where about in the Catskills?? I'd love to stay in touch...I'd Love to have a Lavendar Orpington!!! Also-- interested in a Blue Cochin rooster....I'm in Delaware County near Walton / Sidney / Oneonta area

Welcome!!!

Hi
Onedia County here new to all these looking to find out if l can have backyard chickens in New Hartford NY

Does anybody have quail, I would love to share info and such and to learn when they should start laying In this brutal by weather

Back
Top Bottom