URGENT!! Fair coming in half a week!! Need Silkie to gain weight FAST!

GanjaXD

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 25, 2008
Orlando, Florida
My Silkie cockerel is under weight (yes, I do feed him), and fair is on the April 25!! Is there anything simple that I can add to his food that will make him gain half a pound, or a full pound? Please help me! D:

Last edited:
Quote:
Please don't give me attitude, not saying that you are, but that's just how I'm reading it. I'm stressed, and I made a typing error. Have some sympathy please.

Last edited:
It is my understanding there are slight allowances for weight as long as it is not too much over or under. I wouldn't worry. Fattening them up quick is really not a good idea for their health.

Maybe some extra cracked corn and veggie oil. When I was in 4-H years ago we used to add some of that to our show cattle feed before fair. Makes them extra shiny.
big_smile.png

Pen him up, worm him, and give him plently of food and water. A little bit of scratch will add some fat, but you don't want him to become obese.

As a side note, silkies are only supposed to weigh a couple of pounds anyways. How do you know he's underweight? Is his breastbone showing? How old is he?

Quote:
He was born in September of 2008. Yes, his breast bone is showing, way too much
sad.png
. He was sick last month and that's why he's under-weight. He's better now, just skinny.

Back
Top Bottom