Urgent help needed pics included

If your little one is still attached to the shell, put a little dot of antibiotic cream on the drying out spots. Vaseline will work to keep it moist, but not to fight infection.
And even if this one doesn't make it, don't give up on hatching. These things happen to even the most experienced "chickeneers." The joy and wonder when it all goes well is worth the false starts ... and it all counts towards experience!

True true. Anybody who hatches runs into these types of chicks every year.

Thank you so much this is my 2nd attempt 1st one none made it to hatch had my humidity to high then i found this site this time I had a definite 6 that made it to lock down all lost between 11- 12g of weight 3 internally pipped and give up 2 didn't do anything and this poor little chick isn't doing very well just feel like ive allowed them to suffer I will keep you all updated thanks again

Thank you so much this is my 2nd attempt 1st one none made it to hatch had my humidity to high then i found this site this time I had a definite 6 that made it to lock down all lost between 11- 12g of weight 3 internally pipped and give up 2 didn't do anything and this poor little chick isn't doing very well just feel like ive allowed them to suffer I will keep you all updated thanks again
When the dust settles, if your hatch wasn’t good, you might do some “eggtopsies” and post the results along with the incubator, temps, humidities, source of eggs, etc. I’m sure that other BYC members could help you figure out how to get the hatch you want, and it sounds like your hatches are improving. Best of luck on your current chick and hatch!

Thank you she's still alive peeping and wiggling her legs a little what I have noticed is she/he hasn't tride to get up just laying on its side kicking now and then it's so stressful to just watch through the window

20190617_202848.jpg

Thank you she's still alive peeping and wiggling her legs a little what I have noticed is she/he hasn't tride to get up just laying on its side kicking now and then it's so stressful to just watch through the window
If she’s still absorbing yolk, then she needs to lay quietly and not kick off that eggshell. Some people place them in a cup with moist clean washcloth at the bottom in the incubator or brooder and still in the attached eggshell. I’ll see if I can find a pic. For myself, if she is laying quietly, I’d cover the windows of the incubator so it’s dark and leave her alone to absorb the yolk.

Last edited:
It's day 21 today but internally pipped on day 18 I made a safety hole on day 20 as 3 of the others internally pipped and didn't make it any further I made a bigger hole this morning as the membrain was drying out and really struggling also she wasn't positioned right her air sack was more on the side I left her and 2hrs later she had kicked herself out but the bottom is still stuck

Back
Top Bottom