Urgent Help Required!!!

tulilynx

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 2, 2011
Hell:hmmne of my New Hampshire chicks(2 months old) suddenly made a shrill noise while walking around the coop and gave a jump(for no apparent reason,he wasnt scared or anything).After that he became sleepy,although he is normally very active and hyper.After that I've been noticing that he keeps making thaose shrill noises overe and over again,while shaking his head very vigorously(often getting disbalanced in the process).Also,he is opening his mouth like a yawn now and then.Please help out quick.Could he have eaten something unpleasant?Thankyou and waiting for a reply!

Please can someone help me?I cant identify whats happening to my chick.

I have no idea. I hope someone will come along and have some words of wisdom for you.

*bump*

My only suggestion would be to check him over real well for mites, lice, etc. Make sure to look at the base of the feathers in the head, neck, ear area and near the vent. Perhaps he has some type of pest that is bothering his ears, making him uncomfortable and off balance. I am sure someone else will come along soon and perhaps have another idea. Best wishes.

Not really.It was just sitting and all of a sudden it made a huge leap in the air.The head shaking and jumping has(thankfully) ended,but the chick looks slightly worn out and tired.Prior to this it was the most hyper and healthy chick I had.

Back
Top Bottom