URGENT: HEN NEARLY DROWNED, PLEASE HELP

Shaycres

Songster
Jul 8, 2019
I'll cut to the chase.
Found my sweet, 13ish week old leghorn in a stock tank (just in time...?)
She is conscious but very weak. She keeps nodding off but I won't let her because I fear she won't ever wake up again. She is currently making a weird noise and jerking her head a bit. Please help me, she's my sweet little pet chicken :'(

Try to dry her off as best as possible and clean her beak well. You can even put some VetRX on her beak so she can breathe better. Does she eat and drink? Is she pooping? Put water on her pellets so it’s softer for her to eat
She can't even stand at the moment, and can barely keep her head up. Seems like she just wants to sleep, I doubt she will have any interest in food right now.. Her breaths are really shallow and she's twitching a lot

She can't even stand at the moment, and can barely keep her head up. Seems like she just wants to sleep, I doubt she will have any interest in food right now.. Her breaths are really shallow and she's twitching a lot
She’s probably in shock. Provide her everything she needs and you can even give her Vitamin E to help with her head. Apply the VetRX, give her a warm towel and just leave her alone in a quiet warm area. Hopefully itll calm her down

Do you have a sleeping bag and heating pad?

She’s probably in shock. Provide her everything she needs and you can even give her Vitamin E to help with her head. Apply the VetRX, give her a warm towel and just leave her alone in a quiet warm area. Hopefully itll calm her down
I don't have VetRX but I assume that can be found at any feed store? If she makes it through the night I will get her some tomorrow :(

Yes - she wouldn't get too hot with the pad would she?
What I normally do is dry them off with warm towel, and maybe a little with the hair dryer. I place a heating pad on low, place a sleeping bag on top, then place the bird on a warm towel inside the sleeping bag.

Back
Top Bottom