URGENT! LETHARGIC CHICKEN!

4chickens4life

In the Brooder
Jan 12, 2021
Southwestern United States
My 2 year old Buff Orpington is not acting normal. She is standing straight up, not moving much. I went out there to check on her and she stood still only took a couple of steps. She took one peck at the ground and continued to stay still. We even tried to give her a small piece of a strawberry, her favorite treat that she usually goes crazy over, and she didn’t even try to eat it. It’s still on the ground next to her. Her crop felt jiggly and full (as if it was filled with liquid. Please help me! I need to know what to do.

Her crop felt jiggly and full (as if it was filled with liquid.
See if the link in post #3 helps. It's the best place to start according to your description! :fl

I would also inspect the abdomen to see if it feels hard, squishy, or normal. Hoping to rule out EYP (egg yolk peritonitis) and also need to rule out egg binding (usually they stay in the nest box when bound). The standing straight up makes me wonder if the blockage could be lower down than the crop.

When was her last egg laid? Is she passing droppings, what do they look like? What is her normal feed routine including treats and supplements?

Back
Top Bottom