URgent Muscovy with swollen face!

The truth is I would have tried anything to get her healthy again. And all suggestions were appreciated. It’s easy for people to say you need to take them to the vet. But a vet is not always available wether for financial reasons or just the fact that you don’t have a vet that sees livestock around you. The vet did agree to see hope but if she hadn’t I would have tried every other available option.

The truth is I would have tried anything to get her healthy again. And all suggestions were appreciated. It’s easy for people to say you need to take them to the vet. But a vet is not always available wether for financial reasons or just the fact that you don’t have a vet that sees livestock around you. The vet did agree to see hope but if she hadn’t I would have tried every other available option.
Thank you for describing some of the treatment approach considerations...and for being open to less "mainstream" suggestions. It's clear that you're a conscientious caretaker. :)

I'm glad you had a vet you could take your lovely girl to and that she's on the mend. :yesss: Best wishes to both of you!

She looked like she ate a bee!
She looked so awful. Kinda like a cartoon chipmunk. It was scary. I thought she would die before I had a chance to get her in the house and set up the dog kennel for her. The pictures don’t even come close to showing the swelling. Never saw anything like it before.

Thankfully it is possible to successfully treat many conditions in poultry at home without the need of a vet, because good information about proven treatments is available on resources such as BYC, which is a reason why we need to care about the quality of information. We have tools for measuring this on articles (star ratings and reviews), but we don't have that on regular forum posts.

I have a strong (20+ years) background in Western veterinary medicine as well as homeopathy (10+ years). It's fine if you don't want to use homeopathy, but I've had great success treating animals with homeopathy...dogs, horses, cats, goats and chickens thus far. Many times where Western medicine failed and many many times where Western medicine was not used at all - so no way for naysayers to make the excuse that Western medicine just "finally kicked in". If someone doesn't want to explore homeopathy, awesome...some of us appreciate info on homeopathic remedy experiences in chickens and ducks thankyouverymuch. ;-)

And glad to hear the OP's sweet duck is doing better.

Back
Top Bottom