URgent Muscovy with swollen face!

No. And to be honest I just don’t have the money to take her back to the vet. I’ve already spent over 200$ taking her to the vet. And blood tests cost another 200$( i only know cause had to have bloodwork on my dog a couple years ago)

No. And to be honest I just don’t have the money to take her back to the vet. I’ve already spent over 200$ taking her to the vet. And blood tests cost another 200$( i only know cause had to have bloodwork on my dog a couple years ago)
I don't blame you, I know how expensive they are. I ask because her color has changed from the pictures in post #2. In that post her color looks okay, now she's looking more orange, which can be a sign of anemia.

Homeopathic remedy from book "The Poultry Doctor" Boericke and Tafel 1891. You can down load the entire book for free here https://www.biodiversitylibrary.org/item/59212#page/7/mode/1up if link does not work try google search.
pg 62-64 Swollen head preferred remedy is Belladona, or Spongia , Bryonia. You can get remedies at some Health food stores and online. Be prepared for nay sayers. This is my opinion. For about ten bucks you might be able to save your poultry's life. This is not a discussion on Homeopathic medicine verses Alleopathic Medicine.

Belladonna

Btw - Please for the love of ducks - do not follow anything that involves belladonna unless you 100% know what your doing.

It's a highly poisonous and toxic plant to humans and animals alike.

@casportpony and @Miss Lydia will help ya :)

You might want to check their coop, where they are sitting, sleeping, ect - for bugs that bite/sting... like a bee or wasp type.

I recently discovered this almost black bee that's getting in my livingroom and stinging me while I was sleeping on my neck. Swelled up and I had to get antibiotics for it.

EDIT: sorry, I usually read the whole post before I post something! I thought I did read the whole thing.

Last edited:
From what I read - I think it might depend on what causing the anemia, and the blood tests would probably be needed to accurately tell if they have anemia by looking at the red blood cells count.

How to treat?
From what I read - I think it might depend on what causing the anemia, and the blood tests would probably be needed to accurately tell if they have anemia by looking at the red blood cells count.

If it's parasites, like worms, that's pretty easy, just de-worm. If it's coccidiosis, try treating for coccidiosis. If external parasites, those are easy too. If she were mine I think I would treat for all three.

Back
Top Bottom