URGENT Roo is lethargic, can’t walk

Should I add ACV as well? I could make a purée and tube it.
I have to admit that I don't know what ACV is.
If I understand correctly, you want to make garlic puree and feed it through a tube?
I don't know what the consequences could be, because I've never done that!
Garlic puree can be digested too quickly in his croup and maybe it can harm him?
- I don't know!
I always put larger pieces (the size of a pea) and shove them down my throat and that's it.

I have to admit that I don't know what ACV is.
If I understand correctly, you want to make garlic puree and feed it through a tube?
I don't know what the consequences could be, because I've never done that!
Garlic puree can be digested too quickly in his croup and maybe it can harm him?
- I don't know!
I always put larger pieces (the size of a pea) and shove them down my throat and that's it.
Apologies, ACV= apple cider vinegar

As he’s not currently swallowing anything, I’m not sure I’m comfortable trying to shove whole chunks (however small) down his throat 😬 but you bring up a good point about purée being more quickly digested.

If I were to try this, should it be done alone or with food?

Apologies, ACV= apple cider vinegar

As he’s not currently swallowing anything, I’m not sure I’m comfortable trying to shove whole chunks (however small) down his throat 😬 but you bring up a good point about purée being more quickly digested.

If I were to try this, should it be done alone or with food?
I always work without food, because the garlic gives him a boost and he starts eating on his own!
Apple Cider Vinegar-ohhh YESS!
Apple cider vinegar is a natural antibiotic and is great for prevention, I make sure to give my flock 1 dcl per 10 L of water once a week.
But, since he is very sick now and is full of electrolytes, artificial Vitamin B... maybe it is better to wait with ACV?
Too much of everything is bad!
- If you notice that he is still not better after 2-3 days, it is better to shorten his suffering and kill him!
In my flock, if I notice that after 10 days there is no progress in healing, I kill the sick chicken! I know it's cruel, but in this way I only strengthen the genetics of the flock with only strong and healthy animals!
This is what evolution has been doing for centuries in the wild!

3 tubes of fluids and 1 of bird formula down. He’s still super floppy but seems to at least appreciate the full belly. He can rest upright when I have him in a little “nest” I made out of a rolled up towel, and then laid a washcloth on top of him. The “blanket” seems to help him feel more secure so he’s not flopping all around so much. At least I think it helps him. His wattles seem to be getting some color back, but his comb is still pale and floppy. Hopefully he’ll start to feel better. I at least feel better knowing he’s at least comfortably resting with a full tummy and not just slowly starving himself to death. Even if/when he passes, I feel fairly confident that at least he’s comfortable and not in pain, and I’m doing everything I can for him. I hope he knows it too.
740E2BF2-E756-47C9-8563-22100E2A6617.jpeg

3 tubes of fluids and 1 of bird formula down. He’s still super floppy but seems to at least appreciate the full belly. He can rest upright when I have him in a little “nest” I made out of a rolled up towel, and then laid a washcloth on top of him. The “blanket” seems to help him feel more secure so he’s not flopping all around so much. At least I think it helps him. His wattles seem to be getting some color back, but his comb is still pale and floppy. Hopefully he’ll start to feel better. I at least feel better knowing he’s at least comfortably resting with a full tummy and not just slowly starving himself to death. Even if/when he passes, I feel fairly confident that at least he’s comfortable and not in pain, and I’m doing everything I can for him. I hope he knows it too.
View attachment 3213990
Any updates today?

Any updates today?
He’s still hanging in there! I feel like he’s getting a little more pale, but it’s also hard to tell because all my pictures are in slightly different lighting, which makes it hard to compare. He’s back to being willing to drink, although needs to be watched carefully because he’s still wobbly in the neck, and his poops are starting to look more normal.

EDIT TO ADD- he’s definitely getting stronger though- he’s starting to fight his feeds! Even though he’s still not interested in actually eating on his own yet, he’s definitely getting more difficult to work with lol.

This morning I added some water that I had soaked garlic in, and about 1/4 tsp of diluted ACV to his vitamin and electrolyte solution, which I gave on an empty stomach before his first true feeding of the day. I figured it couldn’t hurt. It doesn’t seem like it made much difference either way, but I gave it a shot. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Here he is resting in his sling while I prep his next feed. He seems to enjoy the extra support for a little while, although after about 10/15 minutes he’s ready to get out!
22AF5319-FF2D-4455-9739-4EFB8AE7B377.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom