US citizens do you know you you lack a very basic right?

I also suggest you click the 'Compare to this version' and use the 'side by side' comparison in the box on the left. Makes seeing what was chaned really easy. It's still very long and very complicated. If you read everything it applies to, it will take you quite a while. Do you actually think all the legislators that will vote on this will read the whole thing and the laws it refers to?
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=s111-510

Quote:
I just re-read that and wanted to make sure you know I was taking statements from the FDA's request to throw out the Farm-To-Consumer-Legal-Defense-Fund lawsuit against them concerning the interstate ban on transporting raw milk, not a legislative bill. Were you perhaps thinking of the Food Safety Modernization Act? That is before Congress now. But they are 2 separate things.
wink.png

Quote:
I just re-read that and wanted to make sure you know I was taking statements from the FDA's request to throw out the Farm-To-Consumer-Legal-Defense-Fund lawsuit against them concerning the interstate ban on transporting raw milk, not a legislative bill. Were you perhaps thinking of the Food Safety Modernization Act? That is before Congress now. But they are 2 separate things.
wink.png

The fact that they have the nerve to say that tells me that something is tremendously wrong with this country. I am sick and tired of them trampling on our rights and lying about it, and it's scary that they're being honest about it now. It tells me that they're getting arrogant. It tells me that it's about time to teach them a lesson about how much more we will take of their bull.

Quote:
That is why some people are so mad. Those people have done a lot more reading on it because it is affecting their lives. This is not news to them, it has been going on, in the background, for awhile, and its not just in the USA.

As long as they outlaw raw milk, I will be an outlaw, as long as they outlaw chickens, I will be an outlaw, as long as they outlaw guns, I will be an outlaw. Anything this administration outlaws will make me that much more of an outlaw and will remain that way till the right people run this country!!!!!!!!!!! (We The People) will take this country back soon and we can all have our freedoms back!!
old.gif
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif
pop.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

My impression of this thread is that people are seeing what may be the thin end of another government wedge. I've seen the same old routine many times in the UK. A member of government makes some vague reference to the need to protect, say, the public against some problem that no-one knew existed. Often, that is preceded by some innocent seeming tv news report or documentary. Experience shows that such things are often the start of a campaign to prepare us for some more restrictions in liberty and choice. It may take years to reach fruition, by which time people may be demanding the change that has become essential only because of the period of conditioning.

Liberty and freedom has to be tempered in a civilised society. For example, I don't want the freedom to live next door to some loony drunk with a gun as one BYC member mentioned a week or so ago. But I would like to keep the freedom to produce eggs that are fresher and healthier than the old supermarket rubbish. On the other hand, I have lunch with politicians less often than might the CEO of the supermarket chain so my wish may not so easily reach his ear.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
My basic view of freedom and rights - if it does not violate another person's rights, go ahead. If you hurt yourself, it ain't anyone else's problem. The politicians seem to think that they need to protect us from ourselves - here in NC, the politicians have apparently decided that we aren't capable of handling fireworks.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom