Used Coop Opportunity

I actually had envisioned a multi-story rabbit hutch last night. Whatever it gets turned into, it will be useful!
I like that idea and I'd think the bunnies would be unlikely to catch anything from the previous tenants.

Failing that, a mini shed for the far side of the yard would be useful.

Isolation coop is still a possibility too. We'll see what he wants for it.

I don't think I'd use that for rabbits. Not enough horizontal space at all- they need the room to run around so they can be content.
Mini shed would be adorable.

I wouldn't use it for chickens, probably, unless you have some sort of paint that you're certain will seal it watertight and shut away any sort of germs that are in the crannies. It's pretty well impossible to sterilize a piece of un-sealed wood, especially with cracks between boards.

I don't think I'd use that for rabbits. Not enough horizontal space at all- they need the room to run around so they can be content.
Mini shed would be adorable.

I wouldn't use it for chickens, probably, unless you have some sort of paint that you're certain will seal it watertight and shut away any sort of germs that are in the crannies. It's pretty well impossible to sterilize a piece of un-sealed wood, especially with cracks between boards.
I disagree strongly that rabbits would need more than 3x3 space. Those measurements are actually larger than a typical rabbit cage. My hutches were smaller than that and I had no ill effects from housing rabbits in them.

Well, sure, they won't die. Just like how if you tie a dog outside on a five-foot leash its whole life, it won't die. But there's more to animal welfare than an animal not dying.
Uhhh, okay then. You go ahead through your life with your pie in the sky ideals of animal welfare and I'll go through my own life implementing my own ideals. No worries. :)

Uhhh, okay then. You go ahead through your life with your pie in the sky ideals of animal welfare and I'll go through my own life implementing my own ideals. No worries. :)

Wow, I didn't know that "maybe don't keep an active animal in a 3x3 cage its entire life" is an absurd idea. I hope you at least give your rabbits some form of enrichment.

Hey!... you two take your argument somewhere else,
so the OP's thread doesn't get shut down, eh?

Back
Top Bottom