Users Online

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by halo, Jan 12, 2012.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Is there any way with this new set up, to see who is online? On the old site, the main forum page had everyone listed at the bottom, alphabetically, who was online. That way I could see who was online, and if there was someone I wanted to talk to. I dont see any way to do that now, other than open each sub-forum and see who's browsing each forum.

2. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    I know I've seen it somewhere but now I'm not entirely sure. So the answer is "yes"! Also, a feature I really like is you can now see which other users are viewing the thread at the same time you are. Its on the right, if you scroll down under the reviews.

3. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

When we were "in the sandbox" playing with the new features, there WAS a place to see who was online. I believe it was in the right column in our profile. However, it is not there anymore.

4. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
  5. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I found it! On the home page .... right column.

6. Gargoyle

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    It also has it's own page, https://www.backyardchickens.com/user.php?action=online

At the bottom of this page, very top of the brown section, click the link were it says "1019 Active Users" and it brings up that page.

7. elevan

elevan Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

A cool trick about that users online thing is that if you hover your cursor over a name you gets some options. Give it a try.

8. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Home page.....right hand side.....got it!

There is so much neat stuff here it will take us weeks to find them all.

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Nothing happened when I put my cursor on a name. I thought maybe a 20 dollar bill would shoot out of my computer or something [​IMG]

10. Gargoyle

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    No, it shoots out of the computer of the person whose name you hover over. I've made $60 already today from BYC'ers hovering their mouse over my name. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by