Using T posts for my run

jdix

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 11, 2010
Does anyone else use T posts for their run? We're using 6' T posts with 5' 2"x4" welded wire over it. We're going to bury 3' hardware cloth 12" in the ground to predator proof it. Looking through the pics of everyone's run I didn't see anything like this. Is there something I'm missing? Any reason I'm not seeing more of this style?

How will you buuild your door so it is secure?

A better option it to use 8' long 2" round treated posts. Drive them in with the same t-post hammer, but use 8' PTGT 4"x4" posts on either side of your door. Still quick and minimal digging.

0411001948a.jpg

Last edited:
T post and U post same idea different shape.
I used t post on my run then put in a 4x4 wood post. Stapled the wire to the post hung a gate to my coop and a latch on the post.
You can kinda see it here. I used bird netting on top it was on clearance at lowes for $3 for 14x14
50660_dscn1208.jpg

50660_dscn1209.jpg

I used t-posts and knotted 2x4 wire fencing on mine. I don't have much of a predator problem though and I'm planning to use the pasture as double-duty for a pair of goats as well. It works for my situation.

At one point in time I had a t-post and wire run. I used one of my spare dog kennel gates for a door. You can use any kind of gate, even regular chain link fence gates. We've got one of them up the hill. We just put a t-post on either side of the gate. For a door on a temporary holding pen, I just used a couple of c-links to attach the two ends of wire together. I would undo them and pull the wire open to get in and out.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom