USPS embargo on live animals (chicks) through Feb 26, 2021!

Pics
I'm so sorry! Everyone has already said it all, and these dying chicks happened because of the delayed shipping, really sad.
I'd go back to your post office, in person, and make sure they have all your phone numbers, and ask to see the manager. You'll perhaps be able to tell if it's a staffing problem, or some other foul up further back in the delivery system.
Also find out where your distribution center is, and see if it's possible to pick up chick orders there.
Mary

We were supposed to be locked down for 30 days. I have little faith in any freedoms, privileges, or conveniences being returned to us once we let them be taken away. I hope this embargo, whatever it’s for, passes quickly, but I’m soured on government promises.
The head of USPS appointed by the previous administration forbade ANY mail to go by plane and also ordered that there be only one class of mail which is 5 to 7 day delivery. That's why the live animal embargo. Its likely to be there until the current administration reverses the policies.

I got the email from both Murray McMurray and Ideal. I am in Michigan and chicks are due from McMurray's in June. Seems the USPS is claiming too big of a back log of packages because of the storms in Texas and Oklahoma. Hatcheries want us to contact Elected officials to put pressure on Post Office to give priority to the chicks as we cannot reschedule hatch dates. I also wonder what happens to chicks, are they just killed? Seems strange I just read an article on Ramble that something similar is happening in England. Covid-19 conspiracy??

Can you provide sources for this? Other than being able to deliver ballots I haven’t heard any of this that turned out to be accurate, just he said she said from people who tell me “facts” after only reading headlines. I’ve received mail from Texas to NJ in 2 days, so unless the usps uses teleporters things are shipping by air.
Sure let me look it up. I hope I'm not embarrassed by the source :oops:

The head of USPS appointed by the previous administration forbade ANY mail to go by plane and also ordered that there be only one class of mail which is 5 to 7 day delivery. That's why the live animal embargo. Its likely to be there until the current administration reverses the policies.
I don't know about his actions but he was appointed by the postal service board, not the previous presidential administration. So that'd mean he is probably still in charge.

I have a delayed shipment of chicks. My worst fear is that the hatchery will try to brood and send me a box full of sick mite infested dying chicks 1 or 2 weeks old. If they can do it most will to avoid mass culling and loss of income.

Hatcheries hatch eggs on a schedule to meet their orders. So how do they fulfill all of these back orders when they can finally ship?
If you are asking what the hatcheries actually do, they reschedule the orders over the next few weeks or months, depending on which chicks they expect to have available when. It would be like when a blizzard closes the dentist office for a given day--they reschedule one patient into an opening tomorrow, three more next week, a few the week after that, and so forth.

With the chicks, it means that some people who wanted chicks in March or April but had not placed their orders will find the chicks sold out, so they will have to either place orders for later months, or do without, and the hatchery will probably sell less total chicks this year.

If you weren't really asking, but instead you meant, "it's hard for everyone involved when the Post Office does this," then I agree with you :)

Back
Top Bottom