Utah!

Joy that is sad to hear, so sorry
sad.png

Silly--those chicks are adorable. Hope they find a good home. I am afraid I am joining the ranks of all of you looking for homes for roosters. I have **several** showing up in my chicks again. Of course the lavender ish EE that I really liked and kept from Diana is a boy. Blue pure Ameraucana= boy. Blue Copper Marans, (gorgeous!) looking like a boy. My lone FBCM I hatched = boy. The younger SBEL I kept from my last hatch= boy.... black turken=boy, 1 of my McMurray EE's already looks boyish...plus the wheatens that just hatched I got at chickenstock, out of 4 I am sure there will be boys in there somewhere, one I am thinking already is....anybody looking for a specific rooster?? You could probably call me and find one right now. Dang.

Lil--Yup that one there looks just like Daloorashens boys did. That is such a bummer, esp where their feathers were so different, I thought for sure you would have at least one be a girl. ugh!

Birdguy that egg is massive! Yum! Lol!
Good luck with all your Roo's. I'm really thinking I have 1 more mystery chick. I hope my 2 EE's stay Pullets, and I just got 4 silkies the other day, so hopefully at least 2 of those stay Pullets. If no one on here wants them, do people actually pay money on KSL for them. I really want them to go to a home, not eaten. So that's the only real reason why I would charge for them. Any idea what they might be? It would probably help in rehoming them.

I have sold roos for $5 or so. No calls for a long time on some then out of the blue someone snaps it up. I think it just depends if someone gets on there looking. If you are not in a hurry, they usually sell ok, but it takes awhile. Even $2 or $3, just to avoid the people wanting them for fighting or bad things....

Red--what I have read is there is not egg withdrawal period for Denegard, yay! Seems pretty safe.

A guy called me that had sold me some showgirl eggs earlier then could not because of them going broody, he is sending eggs. I said I was not hatching any more this year. How the heck can I resist that? He has paint and white silkie roos over white SG Hens and paint SG roo over white and paint silkie hens. :rolleyes: I had written the whole thing off.

I have had so many people ask me for SG from this hatch, that is not going well. So I feel like I should do it so I can share :) They would not hatch til the first week in June. Ugh! What to do. (Cynthia you are not allowed to answer that!)

Last edited:
Random picture of SBEL boy on my knee. Really, I can't believe how sweet these two are.

His brother, in the back ground was not happy he was getting all the attention and jumped on my shoulder just after I snapped this picture on my iPad. You can tell he is getting ready to jump. Their combs are both big and red like this.

Are you sure these are boys?? Are they crowing?

We have used them in everything.. I can't tell a taste difference.. They are supposed to be better for baking than chicken eggs.. supposedly all the real chefs only use duck eggs for baking.. supposed to make things lighter and fluffier..
maybe I should have never gotten rid of my ducks I used to have, I love to bake and am always dissapointed when my baked goods aren't as fluffy as they should be.

Cynthia- no worries. I'm just going to think positively and WILL her to be a girl! She is being very motherly to the little ones, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

They have moved outside, onto the covered porch, with a heat lamp. They have way more room now and seem much happier.

I can hear chirps from my eggs!! I'm so excited and nervous!

Hi guys!
Lots of good news here! 5 of the duck eggs showed a lot of activity going on last night.
yesss.gif
1 that looked like the start of a blood ring, 2 that looked good, but no movement at all from the little babies. I did leave all the eggs in for now, of course. But 5 live ducklings for sure!!! Woohoo!!!

Then I got a call from the P.O. at 6:40 this morning....my shipment of Porcelain and Mille Fleur D'uccles was in! Jumped out of bed (thank goodness I didn't have work today!) and ran to the post office....the box was chirping away like crazy! I ordered 10, but it was apparent before I opened the box that they'd sent extra for warmth. Yep, they sent 8 extra chicks, not even bantams. What do you guys think they are? I have my suspicions but don't want to say and look dumb. LOL

THEY ARE FREE TO ANY BYCer who wants them. Looks like they are probably all boys, though. I don't want to keep them, I really don't have a place for them so the sooner I can rehome them, the better. I will be leaving Cache valley at about 11am and headed to Ogden if anybody wants to meet me there. Just let me know, I'll check BYC again before I leave. :) You can keep them, sell them, do whatever you want with them. They sure are cute little fluff balls, though! :)

So the people on the what's breed is this think that they might be a Mille de Fleur or a D'uccle Mix. Now I really want to keep them till they grow up to see, I really would like to try and get away with keeping one. I'm now thinking I know what my little peanut is after going and looking at photos, I'm really hoping that tiny bantam of mine stays a pullet, and she looks a lot like the D'uccles. She has tons of black, copper and white feathers everywhere. She is so sticking cute. I keep telling my hubby that I want to train her to be my pocket chicken, cause she could literally fit in my shirt pocket. I would of course have to get some shirts with pockets
lau.gif
Well if anyone on here wants one. Please let me know. Thanks!
Anybody looking for a Rooster, my guess is a Cochin or Brahma Mix. Got them from a Preschool hatching, I'm sure these 2 are Roo's, and I possibly have 1 more. They are 6 1/2 weeks old. Hatched Mar 25-26th, so I was told. Any takers. I'm in Cedar Hills, I can drive them up to Salt Lake if needed, and can hold on to them for a while or until they start to crow. And do you think they are ready to move outside. They are outside all day long now, even in the rain the last few days. I have 4 that are this age, and then 4 that are 5 weeks old today. All are pretty much fully feathered but Felix. He's the odd ball with no feathers.

Mr. Roo

Felix-for some reason is very slow at feathering

Hi guys!
Lots of good news here! 5 of the duck eggs showed a lot of activity going on last night.
yesss.gif
1 that looked like the start of a blood ring, 2 that looked good, but no movement at all from the little babies. I did leave all the eggs in for now, of course. But 5 live ducklings for sure!!! Woohoo!!!

Then I got a call from the P.O. at 6:40 this morning....my shipment of Porcelain and Mille Fleur D'uccles was in! Jumped out of bed (thank goodness I didn't have work today!) and ran to the post office....the box was chirping away like crazy! I ordered 10, but it was apparent before I opened the box that they'd sent extra for warmth. Yep, they sent 8 extra chicks, not even bantams. What do you guys think they are? I have my suspicions but don't want to say and look dumb. LOL

THEY ARE FREE TO ANY BYCer who wants them. Looks like they are probably all boys, though. I don't want to keep them, I really don't have a place for them so the sooner I can rehome them, the better. I will be leaving Cache valley at about 11am and headed to Ogden if anybody wants to meet me there. Just let me know, I'll check BYC again before I leave. :) You can keep them, sell them, do whatever you want with them. They sure are cute little fluff balls, though! :)

They are so cute, if you lived closer, I would say I might try to take 4 of them. Even knowing that they might be boys. Boy's have been my thing lately, I've already have re home 5 this year.And still have 2, possibly 3 left. But I keep taking in chicks that need a home. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom