Utah!

So with the temps getting up in the triple digits this weekend I pulled out my kids blow up waterslide for them to have some fun. But it made me think of the chicks. I have one of those tiny round plastic swimming pools, I usually put out for the dogs when it get super hot for them to play in. Do chickens like to have a small kiddie pool to play in with a few inches of water? Just wondering. It would be funny to watch them in a kiddie pool.

I know I have plenty of water around for them. I have 1 five gallon nipple water under the huge pine tree, 1 two gallon nipple water in their run/coop, and then there is 2 one gallon fountains placed in the shaded corners of the free range, so they have plenty of spots to get a drink, all in the shade 100% during the day. Just didn't know if there was anything else I could do to help them stay cool in hot temps.

It's supposed to be 114 here this weekend! YIKES! Worried about keeping the girls cool. I did get a small mister kit this year, started using it earlier in the week and they seem to be enjoying it. About a month back, I got one of those low under the bed storage containers and filled it with water, but so far, they only drink from it. They've shown no interest in getting in and splashing around.

I have 4 silkie eggs so far if anyone is interested. I hope to have a couple more in a a few days. Looks like maybe a 75% hatch rate so far from what i have sold and hatched.

I'm trying to decide if I should get eggs for my broody hen. If you have any left once we've made up our minds, I'd be interested
jumpy.gif

114? Holy cow! And its not even July yet. . .

I thought I would be helpful to.my chickies and spray them with the hose today. They didn't like it much.

It's supposed to be 114 here this weekend! YIKES! Worried about keeping the girls cool. I did get a small mister kit this year, started using it earlier in the week and they seem to be enjoying it. About a month back, I got one of those low under the bed storage containers and filled it with water, but so far, they only drink from it. They've shown no interest in getting in and splashing around.

So, my DH went out and tended to the chickies yesterday as I was busy getting our kiddos pictures done. Anyways, we have an old halloween bucket we use to gather eggs. He forgot them out side and by the time i went up this afternoon they were really hot to the touch in that bucket. I decided I would cook them up and feed them to my dogs because I didn't think they wouls be okay to store. Well i cracked it open and found a wonderfully perfect soft boiled egg. Lol it was hot enough in that bucket to cook the eggs. :S

114? Holy cow! And its not even July yet. . .

I thought I would be helpful to.my chickies and spray them with the hose today. They didn't like it much.

We use the shower setting on our garden hose attachment, and they grumble a bit, but seem to enjoy it when it's really hot. When it's just regular hot, we spray down the run, the shrubs around a few times a day.

So, my DH went out and tended to the chickies yesterday as I was busy getting our kiddos pictures done. Anyways, we have an old halloween bucket we use to gather eggs. He forgot them out side and by the time i went up this afternoon they were really hot to the touch in that bucket. I decided I would cook them up and feed them to my dogs because I didn't think they wouls be okay to store. Well i cracked it open and found a wonderfully perfect soft boiled egg. Lol it was hot enough in that bucket to cook the eggs. :S

LOL!! I think ours would have hard boiled today
big_smile.png
For sure on Saturday.

Where are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Back
Top Bottom