Utah!

Speaking of roos...anybody want a second generation SBEL (3/4 Ameraucana, 1/4 Leghorn) roo? Free to a good home for humane processing or breeding? He is white with a few black flecks. Comes from great blue egg genes. He is the one on the top of the photo. Born 2/23, so 3 months old.

Last edited:
Speaking of roos...anybody want a second generation SBEL (3/4 Ameraucana, 1/4 Leghorn) roo? Free to a good home for humane processing or breeding? He is white with a few black flecks. Comes from great blue egg genes. He is the one on the top of the photo. Born 2/23, so 3 months old.

So tempting, Lisa! I'm just thinking of how poofy the faces would be if I bred him with my wheaten mix chicks. Haha. But I think I'll have to pass. I'm trying to get rid of Roos myself. Haha

For what it's worth, go with the Australorp. I love my Australorp. The sweetest thing from the very start. Very friendly. A real lap chicken. Good layers and not aggressive with the other hens.

If anyone is interested in my wheaten and sexlink cross chick, send me a pm. I have no guesses on gender at this point. It is three days old. But I think it'll be a cutie!

Last edited:
I'm starting to get very worried about my little broody hen. I'm getting her eggs today from Gary. But she just doesn't look right, seems to just want to sleep, and she her red on her combs and wattles are just dusty looking now. I made her scrambled eggs and gave her a few cold grapes yesterday. She ate them so fast I thought she was going to choke. I've been making her come out every day and putting her by the water, but she just runs right back as soon as I let her go, and never gets any water. I never see her out of that dang box. But I'm not watching all day. Is this normal? I'm so worried if she does this for another 21 days with the eggs its going to be the death of my little girl. She's made home in the shipping crate coop that I made, so I could really just lock her up in there by herself, and put food and water in there for her. The other hens still go in there, they love laying in the boxes I made in there, but shes in the box on the floor, I moved her and she just stayed put right where I moved her. The other girls are laying up on the top boxes.

I just don't know if I should lock her in there and put food and water in there for her, so the other hens leave her alone or is best to just let her be able to come out with the other girls.

So UPDATE. I mowed my lawn and decided to throw over some grass clippings, I took little miss Broody out and she was eating like she was on speed mode. OMG, she looks awful. She has stripped all her feathers off her whole chest down to her tail, she is completely balded. Breaks my heart seeing her this way. But she did power eat like nothing other, and had a quick drink and back to her 3 eggs that she's had for the last week. I was taking them away, but she would just steal more. So figured it was better then having her frantically move all the time. Guess she is serious on being a momma. Hopefully she lasts another 21 days of this since I'm getting her actual fertile eggs today.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom