Utah!

LL

Love this! Oh dear...where is my DH? He has to see this.
tongue.png

RJ! You have got to be the best chicken owner I have ever met. Shall I reincarnate, your chicken I would choose to be.

Sidenote: when I saw your "bathhouse" the first thing I thought of was the European community baths of old. :) Perhaps you can incorporate something from that era into the finishing touches. :) :)

RED! How dare you even think of that!!!!!!!! Haha. Now I need to have a dream where they all came healthy and laying eggs immediately to balance your nightmare. Haha. :) Good vibes... good vibes... good vibes....!

I didn't do it on purpose, I promise! Although I was pretty relieved when I woke up and realized it was just a dream. It didn't make a lot of sense, either. Some of the "chicks" were so small and spindly that they were suspiciously like chick-shaped feathers....... I just thought "Oh, those exotic breeds are sure small."

*shrug*

I didn't do it on purpose, I promise! Although I was pretty relieved when I woke up and realized it was just a dream. It didn't make a lot of sense, either. Some of the "chicks" were so small and spindly that they were suspiciously like chick-shaped feathers....... I just thought "Oh, those exotic breeds are sure small."

*shrug*

Haha! You crack me up!

[quote name="RedIII"

Well I had a dream last night that our order of chicks came in and they were all frozen or hurt and dying :( Stupid brain. I don't know for sure why I have nightmares about things like that. Just worry, I guess?[/quote]
I have dreams like that too! I teach school, and for about two weeks before school starts in the summer I have dreams where I forget to show up and my principal has to watch my class and other crazy things.
Carrie

I have dreams like that too! I teach school, and for about two weeks before school starts in the summer I have dreams where I forget to show up and my principal has to watch my class and other crazy things.
Carrie

I still have nightmares about accidentally flooding the neighbors' yards when irrigating my garden
1f602.png
I haven't lived in West Valley for two years, now. Funny what we dread deep down inside, hahaha.

Last edited:
Thanks Cyn, Red, Ace. I am sending good vibes for and towards this chick order you have going on. Only good thoughts on the surface and deep down… I also have a photograph to share of some Banty Eggs. We get a lot of them, good little layer they are, and we mostly use them for our household use, but there is a growing demand for the beautiful little eggs. People are starting to buy them and then pickle them. Now I myself know little to nothing of the fine culinary arts, but I got this picture of a couple of bottles of my finest product.

Now it may be that this is dumb… as noted I am a babe in the woods here, but i suppose this is kind of cool. Folks seem to like them and I guess they are somewhat pretty in their presentation. I don't often show my bottling and or canning skills… since i don't do either. But on the offhand chance some of you like this type of thing, here tis is.

Best to all and your birds,

RJ

Last edited:
RJ..those look good! I love pickled eggs..and pickled pigs feet! Ha, but haven't had any of the latter in yrs. Hmm, maybe I will have to see if they have them on the grocery shelf. The only thing I would leave out that I think I see...are the peppers? Peppers in there? I don't do spicy any more. I used to! Love it, but since my spine surgery on my neck I can't eat it..they go through the front and pull aside all of that..including the esophagus! Made things tight in there, and sensitive. I'm just glad I had it done though, no more walking around having my arm in the air keep pressure off of that nerve.
Pickled eggs. Need to find some. :) Not sure I could do this right. ??

rj those eggs look amazing! ever try quail eggs? around the world quail eggs are often used like that and used on top of sandwiches and such. but yeah good way to store and use eggs :)

Calling on the "Turkey tackler, chicken wrangler, nature lover, et al." Perhaps Red could or would help me out here… I know that I could Google it, but that is no fun at all. I have a question on turkeys, and I do believe you are the resident 'turkey tackler.' What is a Jake vs. a Tom? Is it just wild vs. domestic or is there some other difference in the name/term. The wild ones have been in the coop again today, they can sure eat a lot in a short time. I would hate to have to feed even a small flock of these… for long.

They are so big and so fast that I am beginning to think one could be harmed by one 'escaping' from my coop. The air pressure from a wing beat can be easily felt… I was refilling a hanging feeder today, with lay pellets, and went to the storage shed area to fill a bucket, when I went back in, after just a few minutes time, I was assaulted by this bad boy. Everyone is ok, no one was harmed during this episode, and the dust did settle, but it was quite a start nonetheless. These wild birds are very powerful, to say the least.

I have not had Quail eggs, bird-man, but might try some if you recommend them. Cyn, I can't say for sure what is in the bottles… the DW's friend made these and forwarded the photograph. This is traditionally the coldest week of the year, the days are getting longer, some folks have eggs set, some have chicks on order, I think we are on the downhill side and we will make it into spring after all.

Be safe out there,

RJ

Back
Top Bottom