Utah!

Oh man the babies are making me crazy. :weee I want chicks now sooooo bad. Gotta wait til Jan, Gotta wait til Jan.......

So cute Cynthia, the puffy cheeks melt my heart. They are my favoritist chicks. :D

Blu, I am so very sorry about your bucks. That's heartbreaking. I'd be absolutely livid about the dogs. Was it the same one?

Sundance, I bet it did feel good to get outside. I know it's good to take it easy when healing, but I think there's something to be said for a short, easy walk doing something you love. I think it's good for the soul, and makes one happy, which is vital to healing. I owed you a couple of legbars. Once I get everyone separated out in a couple months, I'll hatch some for you. If I was going to my grandma's in Taylorsville, I'd get you and Ed an invite for Thanksgiving, but we're up north with the inlaws this year.

Red, good luck with your job interview. I hope you get it.

Cynthia, I think it's outrageous that you may have to wait until January to hear results from your testing! They should at least call and let you know what they found before the holidays. Your chicks are so cute! I'm so thrilled you got a 100% hatch!!!! And I also hope that splayed leg heals. I see your pictures and want to hatch, but then you talk about splayed legs and then I'm glad that I'm not.

Hattie, best of luck with your hatch!

So, I've got a new layer, I think. The eggs are white/cream color. Not quite white, but I'd feel like a dork calling it "cream" colored around anyone but you. I'd need to see it next to a white egg to be sure. It's also quite large-46 grams. The only birds that I'm not positive are laying are the coronation sussex (I think her eggs would be darker though- a definite light brown), the black sex link looking hen (hatched from a medium brown egg), and the polish. If memory serves, golden laced polish lay that cream/white colored egg, but she seems soooooo tiny. She is 6ish months old now. Could it be possible?

In sad news, one of the cows in the back yard herd died yesterday (NOT one of mine, thank goodness). We're sharing our field with the guy who sold us the calves. In exchange, he's really helping out with the feeding and expertise. One of his steers had bloat or something, and has had this uber gross looking valve thing on his side. I guess a couple days ago, it fell out, so KC had been watching him, but he seemed to be doing fine. Yesterday morning, I went out to feed the chickens leftover cereal, and saw the steer on his side, kicking his legs wildly. I went out there, and he was obviously dying. Left a voicemail for his owner, but the calf died as I was on the phone. Very sad. The other cows were definitely affected as well.

Yes it is the same dog. Which just makes it worse. If they had gotten rid of him back then none of this would have happened.

Still worried about 2 of the boys, one especially. his neck is a total mess.

Yes it is the same dog. Which just makes it worse. If they had gotten rid of him back then none of this would have happened.

Still worried about 2 of the boys, one especially. his neck is a total mess.
Do you have any Animalintex pads? They are really great for drawing infection out.

Sphinx, it could be a polish.....I know mine was bigger than I expected, and the same color....but she was 7 months.
EDIT---I just looked back and she was 6 1/2 months.....
A guy called last night on my SL Polish roo ad on ksl. He asks if I still have Rooster. I said sure do! Then he was excited! And he says, wow I sure wish you had more. LOL I said I have another one, black crested white, then he was Sooo excited again! WOW how nice is that, someone excited to take Polish roosters. They are incredibly hard to re-home, because nobody wants them for meat birds. A pleasant surprise.

I am back to being rooster-less---so long as the UN NN is still a girl. It really is hard to say. Definitely more red, and bigger wattles and comb. But the body shape is all girl. What to do! Wait I guess :) Cynthia we should compare pics. I will go get one of "Larry"...

Last edited:
Yes. They all hatched! All 12 eggs that came to me. Hatched. What?!

Count them. 12 babies! I was up all last night because I wanted to see what came out
of the blue powder egg..that would be the black chick on the left side, closest to the blue.
The Olive green egg baby has a dark head, with a light black, or blue body, hard to tell,
it is on the very right side by the yellow chick. It has the most white chest, so won't be
mixing it up with the others. Hope it's a girl. The wings look promising for now, if we
could go by that.

A few pictures of one of the chipmunks, the lightest one. It has the puffy cheeks! One of my
favs.

See, puffy!

Is that a stink eye..at me? Time to put her back.

I do believe this blue, is going to be a splash. I already see black in the wings, and the
face has that darker area, and has some yellow. This baby is 5th generation from of
the eggs I got from a gal here in Utah. I had blue A.'s hatch. Sold a lot to a friend north
of here. She has several from her originals..of course, and just informed me of the 4th
generation moms, making this baby a 5th.

Darn cute! Hoping for a girl..and again, by the feathering so far, it looks to be. :) She
came from a light green egg.
The two chipmunks, both came from a brown egg. Wonder if they could still lay colored
eggs, because their legs are green!

Sundance. Our daughter lives around 6200 S. and on the west side. Sorry to hear about your daughter. Have had to watch that too. It's heartbreaking. You want your kids to be happy. Life certainly can throw us some curve balls along the way. I hope things work for the best for her.

Congrats whick chick came out of the olive egg? My chicks that I had in an aquarium in my living room got moved to the garage brooder yesterday. We have had several invites for thanksgiving not sure at this point I even want to go anywhere. Pretty sore today. Still going outside in a bit

My Maran's BSL finally started laying at my mom's!! SOOO excited!! She's about 36 weeks, so it's about time, I'm sure the stress of moving her put her off a bit, so I'm happy she's settling down.. and they are almost full-sized!! A nice dark reddish egg, Hopefully that means my OE over there from Michelle will get with the program and start laying soon, too=)

A chicken bath eh?? Sundance I think is an expert on that area...

Lisa, the EE you are getting is younger than the ones Cynthia hatched out, by about 3-4 weeks, FYI...

Back
Top Bottom