vegetarian stories (no offense to vegetarians)

chixrus

Songster
11 Years
Oct 24, 2008
hi everyone! I have a cousin who's a vegetarian and i thought that it might be fun for those of us who are or know vegetarians to share funny stories. THIS IS NOTHING AGAINST VEGETARIANS, i just thought it would be fun.

(My cousin walks into the room with a plate of food. There isn't any meat since she is a vegetarian.)

ME: I see you are not going to eat the byproduct of a murdered animal. (She glares at me, but doesn't respond. She picks up a chip. I gasp.)

ME: Phoebe!! You're eating a potato that was once alive and growing in the dirt! Doesn't that make you feel sick?

vegetarians please don't take offense, i only tease my cousin because she's my cousin. i don't have a problem with vegetarians.

Im a vegetarian and dont worry, nothing posted here was offensive
wink.png

Grr my firends do that too, its so annoying. There like OMG YOUR EATING ANIMAL CRACKERS! -.-

I went to a church banquet once and brought cream of brocolli soup...I noticed my friend finishing off a bowl...I didn't have the heart to tell her I used chicken stock.
hide.gif

lol funny. my soon to be step mom was a vegitarian (no longer is) and her dog was raised on veggies. well lets see. he will twirl for a carrot, flip for celery and cry for broccoli!

Quote:
same here!! well i'm not a vegetarian yet (parents won't let me) but my friends know. they do the same thing. and if i do eat any kind of meat, they are like OMG!!!! because i'm not a vegetarian yet and my parents force me to eat meat. but they do the same thing. i was offended either, i find it funny, but then again i'm not a real vegetarian yet. i'm a vegetarian in training i guess!!

Quote:
gig.gif
hide.gif

My 9 y/o DD has a good friend (also 9 y/o) who is a vegetarian. She made the choice a few years ago. Her parents are NOT, but support her choice. I have to strain my brain a bit when she comes over for a playdate and stays for a meal!

I studied Ag Tech in college. In my vet science class we had a vegetarian she would go on and on about how we shouldn't eat meat or use any animal products. She came to class one day with a leather jacket on and leather shoes. She just kinda disappeared after that day.

Smiles
Jul

Quote:
I do that all the time to my cousin too. I tell her how do you know that, whatever veggie she is eating, didn't silently scream as they were cutting it up, because talking to plants make them grow better so maybe they have feelings to. I get dirty looks for that. She knows I am joking though.
smile.png

My story is kinda sad/funny... But you know how many vegetarians are really loud about it? Well I knew this girl for a month and she mentioned it offhand one day, and I was like "Omg, you're the only vegetarian I know that isn't shouting it from the rooftops!" And we made a deal, I won't bother her about meat products, and she won't bother me about meat.

(I don't eat very much meat, just don't care for it, and I have NO problem with vegetarians. Just the ones who get in my face about it.)

I'm not a vegetarian but I eat mostly fruit and veggies, I can't process fats and proteins very well anyway. I love my mushroom burgers, got my parents hooked on eggplant, I love tofu,, but I have a story from work that was kind of funny.
I alway order veggie pizza if I'm forced to eat pizza, not a big fan here of pizza,, Anyway,, this boss I hated where I worked before returning to teaching, had a late meeting and ordered pizza for the whole staff. He needed my expertise in something and was really sucking up to me,, everyone noticed it. Well the pizza came and since I really don't like pizza I wasn't eating. He noticed I wasn't eating and got a really strange look on his face and next thing you know his poor overworked assistant is literally running down the hall, out of the building, and squealing tires out of the lot.
About 20 minutes later the guy comes running back in with a vegetarian pizza, even had artificial cheese,, but lots of veggies and shrooms. The boss started apologizing to me, about having the sausage pizzas,, etc etc and not taking me into consideration. I almost laughed,, but felt I had to eat it too,, I didn't want his assistant feeling bad about it, that fake cheese was nasty!
I left there two months later, and to this day that guy thinks it was because he left me out on the pizza!

Back
Top Bottom