Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

well, it has lasted for about six months now and I don't intend to give it up, every time I eat it I see my sweet little babies running around the backyard and I gag. I am thinking about giving up other meat too but my parents are still recovering from the shock of my stopping eating chicken, I want to give them some time to recover first.

Lydia, you need to eat meat. Life just ain't right without it.

Lydia, you need to eat meat. Life just ain't right without it.

Livy, you are not as sentimental about animals as I am, you have killed a chicken before, you can't possibly understand the way I feel about it. I probably won't give up all meat, but I just don't feel right eating a mistreated animal. have you seen the cages that produciton hens are kept in? it's cruell.

Livy, you are not as sentimental about animals as I am, you have killed a chicken before, you can't possibly understand the way I feel about it. I probably won't give up all meat, but I just don't feel right eating a mistreated animal. have you seen the cages that produciton hens are kept in? it's cruell.

Yes, I've seen it and read all about that cruel process, but I don't give up eating all meat because of it. If it is in my power to do so, I buy meat not from those facilities.

I have a question for the vegans. A good freind of my wife's has been a vegan for about 30 years she is now in her mid 50's and her teeth are turning green (seriously). I asked my sister about it who is a nurse and she said that it is not uncommon and she has seen this happen in the hospital she works in with other vegans. What causes this?

I have a question for the vegans. A good freind of my wife's has been a vegan for about 30 years she is now in her mid 50's and her teeth are turning green (seriously). I asked my sister about it who is a nurse and she said that it is not uncommon and she has seen this happen in the hospital she works in with other vegans. What causes this?

Probably some sort of deficiency.

Quote: Uh, uh, thank you for being so supportive of your daughter as she explores her world and her ideals. Just remember that you can still be just as awesomely supportive while eating meat or drinking milk yourself if the current routine starts putting too much of a strain on you. Part of the growing up process is also learning to accept the choices of others.
hugs.gif

Quote: I had to do some searching, as I haven't seen this in vegan friends. My first though was staining, such as the teeth becoming stained yellow due to smoking/coffee drinking/etc. I did a search for green teeth staining, and this is what I found:
http://mattmonarch.blogspot.com/2008/04/natural-tooth-whitener.html
I'm guessing it'd be the constant load of chlorophyll, but I'm not sure. Couldn't find anything else on it.
For me, the ultimate champ of tooth staining will always be the fading custom of betel nut chewing for beautification:
http://www.travelblog.org/Photos/3387272
That isn't some sissy discoloration and tinting, that is a hardcore altered state of being. X)

Does anyone eat Greek Non-fat yogurt? I bought some yesterday and tried it. It takes like LARD mixed with washing powder. :sick Is this what everyone has been talking about or is it just me and my taste buds? That was a total waste of money. I"m glad that I only bought 1 small container. After I spoonful, I threw it in the trash. :sick

Does anyone eat Greek Non-fat yogurt? I bought some yesterday and tried it. It takes like LARD mixed with washing powder. :sick Is this what everyone has been talking about or is it just me and my taste buds? That was a total waste of money. I"m glad that I only bought 1 small container. After I spoonful, I threw it in the trash. :sick

Hehe.. I guess everyone has different taste buds. I love the stuff, any brand or I make my own. Plain, with stevia.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I've never tried that before. Now im scared to :oops:

I don't want to discourage you but it is gawd awful. :sick It is VERY bitter! I initially thought that I had picked up the wrong container. I had to read, read AND re-read it over and over again to make sure that it was in fact Greek Non-Fat Yogurt. And it was. :/

I would rather eat my chicken's lay pellets then to eat that stuff. YUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!

My taste buds must be different because so many people give it rave reviews, which is why I decided to try it. I'm so glad that I only wasted $1.00 on this crap. My customer review for this is that I am VERY disappointed. I will never buy this again nor will I recommend this to anyone.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom