Vent Gleet and Worms

She's been removed from the flock for 3 days now. She's barely eating or drinking but is still pretty fiesty. It seems there are many dewormer choices and was hoping someone would know which one for this worm.

She has maggots eating her. It's called fly strike. Not what needs a dewormer.

You need to get tweezers and pick all the maggots off her. Does she have an injury back there?
I picked off the ones I could get but they were quick to go back inside her. They come out after her baths so I'll bathe her again and be ready with a tweezers.

No injury other than the sore vent but there are flies everywhere this time of year.

Well not new to them, I have had them for about ten years now. But yes kiki, new to BYC!😉
You should have known what was happening here then. 🫤. Please don't guess or give out bad information, to newer than you people, that can cause them to think you know what you are talking about. Wouldn't it suck if you told them something and they did it and they killed their bird?

You should have known what was happening here then. 🫤. Please don't guess or give out bad information, to newer than you people, that can cause them to think you know what you are talking about. Wouldn't it suck if you told them something and they did it and they killed their bird?
Ok, I will remember this for sure! Thank you for your input. Yes it would suck, though I research and ask questions so I know what I am talking about. You are very smart though, great job!

Back
Top Bottom