Vent Gleet

Feline Mom

Hatching
Jun 4, 2021
Almost 1yr old Easter Egger attacked by hawk and skin behind right wing tore open. Never bled, never stopped eating, drinking, laying and acted completely normal. Had to close up the gash and did so with medical grade stapler after flushing with betadine solution. Gave Tylosin antibiotic IM every 48 hours for a week. However, she developed vent gleet likely from the antibiotics. The laceration looks fantastic, but trying to treat the vent gleet for weeks. Started with ACV in water, probiotics, soaking and drying butt. No improvement. PoultryDVM site lists metronidazole as a treatment for 4 days. Tried that. Still didn't clear. Other sites list fluconazole for 7 days so I tried that. Still hasn't cleared. Still soaking butt and drying feathers. Hen has never stopped eating, drinking or laying and acts completely normal. I have no idea what to do. Tried to attach picture here but asking for URL and no idea how to do that.

I would stop the ACV if you don’t normally give it. Just because it’s never done any good for me. You can try athletes foot cream applied directly to the vent twice a day.

Back
Top Bottom