Vermont

Pics
Hi All - sorry for the short notice

Poultry SWAP in RUTLAND at the tractor supply store in their parking lot from 9-Noon

Lots of people are bringing chicks, poults, adult birds, hatching eggs .... and probably bunnies and some other animals too.

Spread the word

Hi All - sorry for the short notice

Poultry SWAP    in   RUTLAND     at the tractor supply store in their parking lot from 9-Noon

Lots of people are bringing chicks, poults, adult birds, hatching eggs ....  and probably bunnies and some other animals too.    

Spread the word

Wish I could have made it - I had to work :( How did your hatch go?

Hi there!

I have three ducks I am looking to re-home. They are crossbred, but come from various layer breeds, predominantly khaki campbell and ancona. They are just under one year old and laying strong. Two are females, one is male. You could take just the pair of females, or all three together, whichever you prefer. I just need to downsize the flock a little bit because I just hatched more ducklings. :)

This is a picture with six of my ducks. The three that are available are the male in the left of the photo, the lighter female that is second from the front, and one of the two black and white ancona type females in the back.

Hi everyone. We r from Pittsford and we are new to raising chicks. We bought 6 and are just about ready to move them to their new coop
1f643.png
We are having loads of fun and our daughter as well as ourselves are learning a lot! I'm so happy to have found this forum-thread
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f603.png

Hi everyone. We r from Pittsford and we are new to raising chicks. We bought 6 and are just about ready to move them to their new coop
1f643.png
We are having loads of fun and our daughter as well as ourselves are learning a lot! I'm so happy to have found this forum-thread
1f44f-1f3fb.png
1f603.png

Welcome! We're glad you found us. What breeds did you get?

That is wonderful KarrieHall ! We always love pictures - so always share those and ask any questions that come to mind - not just chicken but any general homesteading type questions.

Are you near any covered bridges ?
wink.png

I'm in Williamstown, Vermont. This is our first time with chicks as well! We have nine, they are three weeks old right now. Started out in the coop from the day we brought them home using the mama heating pad method to have a more natural experience and to avoid the fire risk with a lamp. They have all done great! No pasty butt, and no losses so far! It's gone down to 25 degrees at night, but they all just snuggled under their "mama" and we're safe and sound. My kids are loving this whole experience so much, we all are. They are so friendly!

Pics are all varing ages.

Last edited:
Circlehouse - how adorable !

I wish I had known about ways to keep day olds outside ! The first two years I kept them in a big brooder box in my bathtub - WHAT A MESS !!!! Hated it - so now I let any hens that go broody do my hatching out for young hens each year. No mess and no fuss.

:)

Wait until you get your first egg - it feels like a christmas present !!!

Back
Top Bottom