Goatlover223

Songster
Jan 24, 2021
Hewitt, Texas
HELLO! So I am very new to chickens I just bought a 2 roosters
C2BE5AB9-E638-49F7-A792-18B9FF2763E9.jpeg
C41740DB-1939-4B73-ADBF-3BB36725CDFF.jpeg
ABA90DDE-3858-4440-874B-B53FB63356CC.jpeg
and two hens this morning and I’m only experienced in horses, goats, cows and other livestock animals. So what can I do to make sure the chickens stay alive for a while or till they die

You need to separate the roosters and hens NOW you really should have a minimum 7-1 ratio of hens to roosters. If you leave them together the roosters will fight and likely injure each other and the hens will have severe overbreeding problems.

Yeah I have been preparing for them for a couple months I separated one hen and one rooster so that the rooster could have his own girl
Please separate them with the 2 roosters together and the 2 hens together away from each other. A 1 to 1 ratio is way to low. You will still have severe overbreeding problems. Feathers torn off necks and backs. And even torn skin and combs. I wouldn’t keep any less than 7 hens with a single rooster. I’ve had a had 6 hens with a rooster and still had major problems and have had to separate them temporarily.

Please separate them with the 2 roosters together and the 2 hens together away from each other. A 1 to 1 ratio is way to low. You will still have severe overbreeding problems. Feathers torn off necks and backs. And even torn skin and combs. I wouldn’t keep any less than 7 hens with a single rooster. I’ve had a had 6 hens with a rooster and still had major problems and have had to separate them temporarily.
Ok just did sorry about that

Back
Top Bottom