* Very Sad, But I think WV is out for the move. :(

Quote:
Don't worry, Tuffoldhen, I'm straight out of one. My granddad made moonshine way back in the day, so I know whereof I speak
wink.png
But, that said, I do mean this in the most loving and respectful way. I count on my fellow Appalachians to have the good sense to recognize a ridiculous law or regulation when they see one.

The state of WV can make the numbers say anything they want, any state that is....No registration here or with any backyard farmers I know. THIS IS WV you know...hasn't been that long since the seatbelt laws were passed and they had to withhold lots of Federal funds to get WVirginians to comply with that.

Livin in a hollor here myself
wink.png

Oh I am in agreement!!...no NAIS and I'm sure all West Virginia farmers feel the same way... and I am a hillbilly born and bred... just touchy as to my holler standings when people start quoting or picking out one state
big_smile.png
......doesn't touch moonshine, that stuff will kill ya
wink.png

Now I'm in Fauquier county here in Northern VA. We really liked it there. The people are really nice, and the couple who sold us the land are fantastic! Some of those people who are so nice and genuine that at first you're like "What's up with that?" You just can't believe there are people like this still out there.

Hillbillies unite!!!
lol.png
Holler hopper from way back, raised in a two room log cabin, no electric or running water.....and I know what NAIS is...but most of the folks around me do not! My sister, the infamous hoarder of animals, says she is VOLUNTEERING TO SIGN UP FOR IT!!!!!, as "everyone will have to do it some day anyway"!!!! Can we say it? One has to stay up all night to get THAT dumb!!!!
he.gif

Can someone explain to me what NAIS is?

Edited to add: I confess I didn't read the whole thread so if was explained earlier, I apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Let me rest assured tht i wasnt picking either on WV nd holler folks. I grew up in a village where the headcount was 63/65 ish on a farm.Couldnt even say one horse town because there wasnt a horse, heck we got side a side walk for the road in 81/82 and didnt have a landline until 83. I was raised on a three channel air antenna TV. My relatives live in a holler out in Corbin Ky and my kids kind of granny was born out in Curry branch. I love it there and we will be going back there fo the fried Chicken festival in London. Oh and the lady from Curry Branch also has Montgomery and Mc Coy blood in here, so we cant say anything bad.

Quote:
National Animal Identification System.....a government program in which all farm animals will eventually be required to be microchipped for identification, cannot be sold or moved from property for any reason without filing papers for govt. consent, the govt. can confiscate your animals or kill them outright without prior notification if they even THINK you have an ongoing disease on your property, if one of your animals strays you have to file papers, can be fined, the animal may be confiscated and you will be charged for its care while in quarantine.......the list goes on. Failure to comply would mean daily fines and confiscation of all livestock. Well, there is much more to it than that, but you get the picture. Do a search, go on the FDA/USDA site and see what they have planned and what animals are involved. You'll be surprised and outraged! They are even instituting a program where your neighbor can report you for noncompliance! Can we say Big Brother, boys and girls?
somad.gif

Last edited:
* Let me also clarify, I am not "picking on" WV, exactly. I WANTED to move there-- still do, but the NAIS push there is disheartening. AND, it looks like they will VERY SOON be targeting the smallholder. Look up your 2OO7 WVDA Annual Report. Pgs. 1 1 and 12 are especially interesting. . . . Hillbillies UNITE!!, indeed. IMO, the sooner the better, because they're sneaking up on ya!!!!! And as one poster said, most of you don't even know about it. . . . Also check out www.premises101.com, one of several official premises reg. sites. There are 3 or 4 short "news" blurbs that might be worth looking over. Keep in mind, according to their own figures in the annual report, over 50% of their state agricultural funding comes from the fed-- either direct or earmarked 'special projects' . . . . .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom